I am not certain that the above title states the truth. For one thing, I am not sure that it states the truth for me. For another, we Quakers are just not quite that judgmental of others. Note that I refer only to the title, not to the content that provides the context, most of which I believe to be true.
I have adopted for myself the bulleted list that comes next as a non-profit educational exception to the Copyright law. It is by Paul Chefurka, who is apparently somewhere in Canada.
http://www.paulchefurka.ca/Thermo/Thermo1.html
Please read further, below the list, for the different article in the subject line that led to my finding this.
- Stay awake to what's happening around us.
- Don't get hung up by other people’s "shoulds and shouldn'ts".
- Occasionally re-examine our personal values. If they aren't in alignment with what we think the world needs, change them.
- Stop blaming people. Others are as much victims of the times as we are - even the CEOs and politicians.
- Blame, anger and outrage are pointless. They waste precious energy that we will need for more useful work.
- Laugh a lot, at everything - including ourselves.
- Hold all the world's various beliefs and "isms" lightly, including our own.
- Forgive others. Forgive ourselves. For everything.
- Love everything just as deeply as you can.
http://guymcpherson.com/2013/05/resistance-is-the-only-ethical-response-to-near-term-extinction/
The article is compelling enough. The comments that follow below the article go all over the map. They are all or mostly by intelligent and thoughtful people. They are an education for sure.
One of those comments led here:
"Look for loopholes to avoid extinction" May 14, 2013
http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2013/05/look-for-loopholes-to-avoid-extinction.html?m=0
And then I found this:
"The Thermodynamics of Civilization" May 17, 2013
http://www.paulchefurka.ca/Thermo/Thermo1.html
Before concluding with the bulleted list that I set forth for you above, Paul Chefurka makes a most interesting argument that everything that has gone on and that is going to go on was and is inevitable from the Second Law of Thermodynamics, whose first formulation is credited to French scientist Sadi Carnot in 1824. I checked. Whatever you may think of that idea, I think Paul Chefurka's suggestions are right ideas. You can see them as contradictory to Jeffrey Strahl's idea. Or not.
love,
Larry