sent 4/23/14 on class warfare rev1

This is revised 4/26/14 by adding at the bottom. LS
 -------4/23/14---------
Subject: on class warfare

I share this because I feel it might be time to remind you of something about me.  If you know it already and remember it then it's ok, this won't hurt you.  This conversation is taking place with a very dear and lovely friend of mine, and I'm not kidding, she is a dear friend and has been for a long time.  As it happens she's a Republican.  She is not on my bcc list, so I just bent my usual rule a bit in introducing her even that much.  It's for background.  I had mentioned the fact that an increasing proportion of the super rich have inherited their money rather than having had to work at all for it.  I had mentioned it only as a matter of fact, not as part of any sort of moral commentary about anybody at all.

Anon53:

There are many reasons why people are rich or poor and encouraging class warfare solves nothing
LAS (my) reply:

Well excuse me for saying so, <Anon53>, but class warfare does seem to solve many things for some people, people who can manage to keep it all away from them and their lives.  They've got it solved. [This could be a bit ambiguous if you're just coming in.  I was referring mainly to people who enjoy living in castles and in gated communities with armed guards doing their best either to be visible or to be invisible--out of the way either way--most of the time.]

But hey, [<Anon53>.] I have no complaint for myself personally as long as my little Social Security contract holds up, so please do not get what I am saying mixed up with any such idea as that, that the observations I make are just all about me besides the fact that it's me saying I've made observations.  We are just having a conversation, hopefully intelligent, intelligible and friendly.

I am dead serious about that.  I have made my own decisions in my life and I take responsibility for my decisions.  I just want the U.S. government to hold up its end of our deal, where I paid for insurance and of course want to collect from the policy.  Otherwise by telling people facts that I learn I am not taking it upon myself to try to rescue anyone at all from any decisions they have made or situations they've gotten themselves into--except by specific request and then only when I'm being paid, and I am not soliciting for jobs these days. 

[As an admission of an exception on my part I told a story here about helping a relative for free at least once.]

I only talk about that attitude of mine once in awhile, in case you might not have noticed. :-) [love, Larry]
Now you know, if you didn't know already.  Hopefully it will increase your understanding that by sharing facts and ideas and entertainment that I happen to come across and think worth sharing I am neither trying to hurt you or to rescue you either.  I hope not to have the occasion to bother mentioning that again any time soon.

love,
Larry
------adding 4/26/14-------------------------------
I've had further conversation with Anon53 .  I'm just sneaking some of it in here without actually having sent it out.

from Anon53:

(paraphrasing heavily) [It is not right that rich people, who in fact pay a lot of taxes, be accused of not paying their "fair share" of taxes by people who themselves pay no taxes at all.]
LAS (my) reply
Dear <Anon53>,
....today's issue for most people is survival. 

Life is not fair, and neither is this world.  And furthermore, we don't know what's coming.  One question is how long are we going to be able to try to get along as more or less peaceful people, some of us.  I mean, where else can we go?  Yes I'm leaping ahead a bit.  It is very peaceful here right now in fact.  I hope you're able to get some peace some of the time. :-)
love, Larry