sent 6/15/14 about Libya--another place--boy did "we" ever f*** up there!

Subject: about Libya--another place--boy did "we" ever f*** up there!

I just have never really paid much attention to Libya, don't think I've ever brought up the topic before.  But:

To me it is very clear, again, that this is worthy of everyone knowing about, what is in this one article at least.  Another HUMONGOUS MESS "we've" made of people's lives in huge areas of the world somewhere else while making HUGE BUCKS for "our" local weapons industries.  Those words were my short summary, not words taken directly from the article.

"Libya: A Dramatic Strategic Failure," by Jesse Franzblau and Foreign Policy In Focus,  a joint publication of TheNation.com and Foreign Policy In Focus, June 10, 2014.

We have had long experience--years--with the truthfulness of The Nation, proudly independent since 1865 (link to "About" page).

If you've been listening to me for awhile then I'd say this is probably not your fault even if you might be a member of the Republican party.  I don't think most of us were ever in a position to do much about it even if we had looked and seen how very stupid it was.  I suspect it can only get worse now, most especially worse if and as even more weapons get shipped to that part of the world. 

This is not for playing the "Ain't it Awful" game, so coined by Dr. Eric Berne [Games People Play (1964)], either, but just to help with sorting out truth from lies.

Larry
--
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com
"undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
P.S. We have those darn Republicans to blame again for a big part of this (link to 4/1/2014 email)--Republicans and also the fact of our hapless President Obama having reappointed in 2009 the same great individuals for his personal National Security Advisers that President George W. Bush had used.