Subject: (not the quickest) Please help
advocate for a Presidential Pardon if not prosecution for our
torturers, and please also help take this viral, because it is
important for helping to fight against the Devil right here where
we live
My understanding is that our President has just recently said in response to the recent release of a few of the details of advocacy of torture by members of the more recent Bush Administration [Richard (Dick) Cheney and ilk] and the carrying out of torture as supposed American policy by the CIA, that because America is exceptional, we can just put our evildoing into the past and forget about it, so says our current President.
That is not the agreement that President Ronald Regan made with the world. He made a very different agreement because America is exceptional.
PLEASE READ THIS BY ONE GREAT AMERICAN SOLDIER (link)
IF WE HAVE ANY DUTY AT ALL TO OUR COUNTRY AS AMERICAN CITIZENS IT INCLUDES KNOWING AND TRYING TO UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT HE WROTE.
What President Ronald Reagan agreed to comes at the end of the article.
Please communicate directly to our President directly, yourself, that you are an American and do not believe that America's exceptionality includes or justifies brushing torture under the rug as if nothing happened.
Now maybe you are one of those American Zionists, the people who, by a significant part of the definition given by many of them--members of AIPAC for example--must be constantly focused on pushing Israeli government policy including torture in and on America, to be true to their religion, known popularly as Zionism. If you are one of them, please forgive me while I encourage the rest of us to take our country back. I do not mean take Israel back, I mean take America back.
I might not say anything directly about Zionism to the President. Or maybe I will if I decided it would add something and if I have that much courage. Either way, I think it helps us knowing the direction from which much of the Devil's work in this country is coming. The President certainly knows already. He has to deal with some those people in his daily life.
I have concluded for myself that asking the President to grant a Presidential Pardon to George W. Bush, Richard Cheney, and others known to have been involved with torture is the best we are going to get if we can get that. As has been said, at least that action would reestablish that torturing people is illegal under U.S. law. Right now I believe that understanding has become far too weak in recent years. I doubt that we are going to get trials and convictions of those American criminals. Giving them formal pardon's might be worth something toward redirecting the energies of some of our more insane countrymen and women toward making things better for us in the world rather than making things worse as they did, very obviously.
That is why I am asking you to please communicate to the President that it needs reestablishing for the sake of our country that torture is illegal, regardless of horrible, immoral, whatever might be behind it being illegal. The main thing is, torture is illegal and might be pardoned or might not be pardoned.
The White House Comment Desk telephone number is 202-456-1111. You could just call. Or here again is one easy method of communicating with the President by email, by letter, or by fax, your choice and free. http://capwiz.com/fconl/mail/?id=3181&lvl=F&chamber=P Click the button next to "Compose Your Own Letter" and then "Next Step." Choose email, letter, or fax and you can write a subject line and then a text. It could be something short, like, "Torture is and should be illegal. Please do what you can to reinforce the idea that torture is illegal, something that might be a future deterrent. A Presidential Pardon might be the thing."
I am signing mine, "Respectfully," in the proper spot on the form.
Thank you again for your help in fighting the Devil, or at least you can certainly call it that this time.
----------------------------
Current articles:
"CIA struggled to keep rationalizing brutal interrogations, report shows," by David S. Cloud, McClatchy, December 11, 2014
"Senate report says CIA torture methods yielded no useful intelligence," by Brian Bennett, McClatchy, December 11, 2014
"Not just torture: Senator says CIA stalling over bogus intelligence that led to Iraq war," by Jonathan S. Landay, McClatchy, December 10, 2014
A couple of recent things from me on this:
sent 11/21/14 no blood or gore
sent 12/10/14 "Why the Founding Fathers thought banning Torture Foundational to the US Constitution"
love,
Larry
P.S. Please call 202-456-1111 and make your comment or write to the President, http://capwiz.com/fconl/mail/?id=3181&lvl=F&chamber=P being one way to do that. And please also help take this viral, because it is important for helping to fight against the Devil right here where we live. Thanks again. LAS
My understanding is that our President has just recently said in response to the recent release of a few of the details of advocacy of torture by members of the more recent Bush Administration [Richard (Dick) Cheney and ilk] and the carrying out of torture as supposed American policy by the CIA, that because America is exceptional, we can just put our evildoing into the past and forget about it, so says our current President.
That is not the agreement that President Ronald Regan made with the world. He made a very different agreement because America is exceptional.
PLEASE READ THIS BY ONE GREAT AMERICAN SOLDIER (link)
IF WE HAVE ANY DUTY AT ALL TO OUR COUNTRY AS AMERICAN CITIZENS IT INCLUDES KNOWING AND TRYING TO UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT HE WROTE.
What President Ronald Reagan agreed to comes at the end of the article.
Please communicate directly to our President directly, yourself, that you are an American and do not believe that America's exceptionality includes or justifies brushing torture under the rug as if nothing happened.
Now maybe you are one of those American Zionists, the people who, by a significant part of the definition given by many of them--members of AIPAC for example--must be constantly focused on pushing Israeli government policy including torture in and on America, to be true to their religion, known popularly as Zionism. If you are one of them, please forgive me while I encourage the rest of us to take our country back. I do not mean take Israel back, I mean take America back.
I might not say anything directly about Zionism to the President. Or maybe I will if I decided it would add something and if I have that much courage. Either way, I think it helps us knowing the direction from which much of the Devil's work in this country is coming. The President certainly knows already. He has to deal with some those people in his daily life.
I have concluded for myself that asking the President to grant a Presidential Pardon to George W. Bush, Richard Cheney, and others known to have been involved with torture is the best we are going to get if we can get that. As has been said, at least that action would reestablish that torturing people is illegal under U.S. law. Right now I believe that understanding has become far too weak in recent years. I doubt that we are going to get trials and convictions of those American criminals. Giving them formal pardon's might be worth something toward redirecting the energies of some of our more insane countrymen and women toward making things better for us in the world rather than making things worse as they did, very obviously.
That is why I am asking you to please communicate to the President that it needs reestablishing for the sake of our country that torture is illegal, regardless of horrible, immoral, whatever might be behind it being illegal. The main thing is, torture is illegal and might be pardoned or might not be pardoned.
The White House Comment Desk telephone number is 202-456-1111. You could just call. Or here again is one easy method of communicating with the President by email, by letter, or by fax, your choice and free. http://capwiz.com/fconl/mail/?id=3181&lvl=F&chamber=P Click the button next to "Compose Your Own Letter" and then "Next Step." Choose email, letter, or fax and you can write a subject line and then a text. It could be something short, like, "Torture is and should be illegal. Please do what you can to reinforce the idea that torture is illegal, something that might be a future deterrent. A Presidential Pardon might be the thing."
I am signing mine, "Respectfully," in the proper spot on the form.
Thank you again for your help in fighting the Devil, or at least you can certainly call it that this time.
----------------------------
Current articles:
"CIA struggled to keep rationalizing brutal interrogations, report shows," by David S. Cloud, McClatchy, December 11, 2014
"Senate report says CIA torture methods yielded no useful intelligence," by Brian Bennett, McClatchy, December 11, 2014
"Not just torture: Senator says CIA stalling over bogus intelligence that led to Iraq war," by Jonathan S. Landay, McClatchy, December 10, 2014
A couple of recent things from me on this:
sent 11/21/14 no blood or gore
sent 12/10/14 "Why the Founding Fathers thought banning Torture Foundational to the US Constitution"
love,
Larry
P.S. Please call 202-456-1111 and make your comment or write to the President, http://capwiz.com/fconl/mail/?id=3181&lvl=F&chamber=P being one way to do that. And please also help take this viral, because it is important for helping to fight against the Devil right here where we live. Thanks again. LAS