I refuse to participate in painting all Republicans or all
evangelical Christians with the same brush. Please keep that in
mind and do not be misled into those errors of thinking as you read
this excellent article. Not to tell anyone else what to do--as a
matter of policy I never say the words "you should"--the man
does have a point, I think. Major groups of evangelical Christians
are being taken for all they are worth in money and energy,
about the New Testament scriptures, for one big thing, by people who
I think do not really care themselves about the Holy Scriptures,
particularly those of the New Testament. It would probably be
better for everybody including you--meaning you would be doing less
damage to Christianity--if you wanted to "[make] your case in
culture, not in Congress" at all. As a Christian I do try to focus
mainly on following this lesson myself.
"Dear Evangelicals: You’re Being Had," by Jay Michaelson, The Daily Beast, November 30, 2014
......I’m not saying that you should jump on board with the Democrats’ agenda either. I’m saying that this Republican claim that you can build a Christian nation through politics is bogus, and only serves [the goals of the ultra-rich]...... You’re fighting the wrong fight. You should be making your case in culture, not in Congress...... [JM]
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/30/dear-evangelicals-you-re-being-had.html
Larry
"Dear Evangelicals: You’re Being Had," by Jay Michaelson, The Daily Beast, November 30, 2014
......I’m not saying that you should jump on board with the Democrats’ agenda either. I’m saying that this Republican claim that you can build a Christian nation through politics is bogus, and only serves [the goals of the ultra-rich]...... You’re fighting the wrong fight. You should be making your case in culture, not in Congress...... [JM]
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/30/dear-evangelicals-you-re-being-had.html
Larry