sent 2/27/14 Swarthmore VIDEO what it means for intellectuals to learn from each other despite deep differences on important questions

This took place in the Friends (Quaker) meeting house on the Swarthmore College campus.  Having been listening to Robert George I am a bit choked up right now.  It seems to me as though he has it right. You decide for yourself.  I urge you just to listen and to withhold any judgment upon him, if you happen to incline toward making judgments, until he is finished.  I'll be getting to Cornell West.*
-----------------------------------------
Watch: Cornel West and Robert George '77 Hold Collection on Campus
Robert George '77 and Cornel West held a collection to discuss what it means for intellectuals to learn from each other despite deep differences on important questions. Speaking from personal experience, George and West shared how they found ways to teach together and work with students to develop the skills of talking fruitfully across political, ideological, and other differences.

------------------------------------------
I recommend watching this video "locally" on your computer if you can.  It's better.  Instant ge.tt download link, mp4 video file format. 

love to all,
Larry
* I did watch the entire event, parts of it more than once, including, here's the point, Cornell West.  He was wonderful that day also.  But that is the only amendment I want to make as I put this writing out here one year later. 2/27/2015
Oh, and I am interlinking this and another message, quite different--it has a pdf download alternative, not a video--resource that also came from Swarthmore College: sent 1/22/15 of personal import: "Faces of civility"

--
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com
"undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
It is wonderful having a conversation with someone who does not have the concept of respecting my intelligence mixed up with the false concept of having to do what I say just because I am intelligent.