sent 6/26/14 (video) holy moley, the Center for Inquiry takes down Saudi Arabia in the United Nations Human Rights Council

Subject: (video) holy moley, the Center for Inquiry (Wikipedia link) takes down Saudi Arabia in the United Nations Human Rights Council

Ya really gotta see this.  This has to do with people in Saudi Arabia being tortured for their different religious beliefs.  For this woman (Josephine Macintosh) from CFI to have been allowed to speak directly to Saudi Arabia as she did, for all the world to hear, is just so surprising and even wonderful.  You can see the U.S., Ireland, Canada, and France speaking up for her right to continue speaking when Saudi Arabia tried to stop her.  She completed her statement, a demand for the release of one particular victim in Saudi Arabia and for a change in Saudi Arabia's constitution.  Right.

Let us keep in mind among other things that it has been said that what's going on in I**q and S*r** is a proxy war between Saudi Arabia, where those Wahabbis originate, and Iran.  And the United States and other countries have been cozying up to Saudi Arabia for many years despite Iran being not quite as evil on the whole as Saudi Arabia, or so it appears to me.

Anyway WOW, this is a really interesting event, I think.  I wonder what might happen next, no idea, except I think this video is going viral as I write, for whatever effect that might lead to.
"Saudi Arabia tries to silence Center for Inquiry at UN Human Rights Council 6/23/14"  YouTube (8 minutes 30 seconds).  Don't let the silences between different speakers fool you into thinking it's over before it's over.

For other recent mentions of Saudi Arabia by me, with some resource links, you can see Interview with Atheel Nujaifi, the governor of Mosul, who fled the ISIS takeover (plus) 6/17/14.

Larry