I mentioned yesterday
a famous recent TED talk by Monica Lewinski 22 min, 31 sec YouTube link
OR instant mp4 ge.tt download Monica
Lewinsky The price of shame TED.mp4
Now, today appears at me out of the blue this wonderful thing, and I mean it is wonderful:
"OUR BAD 04.02.15: Erica Jong Apologizes to Monica Lewinsky," by Lloyd Grove, The Daily Beast.
Yes I say, yes! Monica Lewinski was 24 "back then," working to suppress a startled deer (dear) in the headlights look, perhaps. Now she is 41. Thinking back on how beautiful and clear and together she was at that recent TED talk, Monica Lewinski (Wikipedia) has spent time in London getting a Masters degree and along the way has become a great woman, no longer overacting nor awkward as I remember her seeming years ago. She might have turned herself into a great woman via some other route. :-7 But she would probably not have become this famous a great woman by most other routes. And boy does she have something to say!
Thanks to Anon036 for sending me the article. The great Erica Jong. Yeah! Yes of course her classic Fear of Flying is one of the books I own. I [have] Fear of Fifty also. I think I even read parts of each of them back when they they were each new in 1973 and 1994 respectively. People have different opinions about Erica Jong, and I think only the female opinions count seriously even if everyone has an opinion. :-) I for one have never had anything against her. And now at age 71 she has had the courage and forthrightness to apologize publicly for some bad things she once said about Monica Lewinsky, and eloquently. Good for her, seriously.
This message is not intended to be anything about sex. This is about bullying easy targets. As a rule I make neither a long visit nor a second visit to anyplace where there is cyberbullying or any other bullying going on that I do not have the power to stop, and I try not to get people feeling bullied by me. In real life, regardless of fiction sometimes perhaps, I do not like witnessing hatred except when necessary to try to put a stop to it. That's just me. I like it this way. I recommend it unless of course someone is paying you well enough to make it worth it to you to put up with being bullied. That is of course not this case about the great Ms. Lewinski. I just do not like people who get off on getting into a gang mentality and having fun speculating as to the mentality and hidden motives of easy targets. I can love them in a way as fellow humans, but I do not like them. Among the easy targets are many females in many places these days, so I have read.
I invite you to put your mind to helping to stop psychological abuse as well as physical abuse, and not only against females but against males and against anybody.
I know, I know, priorities priorities, but it is something that one might pick upon and help with one way or another when an opportunity might appear in your face.
love,
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid. If you are not doing it you can do it. Other people are doing it. We can learn from them, I find.
Now, today appears at me out of the blue this wonderful thing, and I mean it is wonderful:
"OUR BAD 04.02.15: Erica Jong Apologizes to Monica Lewinsky," by Lloyd Grove, The Daily Beast.
Yes I say, yes! Monica Lewinski was 24 "back then," working to suppress a startled deer (dear) in the headlights look, perhaps. Now she is 41. Thinking back on how beautiful and clear and together she was at that recent TED talk, Monica Lewinski (Wikipedia) has spent time in London getting a Masters degree and along the way has become a great woman, no longer overacting nor awkward as I remember her seeming years ago. She might have turned herself into a great woman via some other route. :-7 But she would probably not have become this famous a great woman by most other routes. And boy does she have something to say!
Thanks to Anon036 for sending me the article. The great Erica Jong. Yeah! Yes of course her classic Fear of Flying is one of the books I own. I [have] Fear of Fifty also. I think I even read parts of each of them back when they they were each new in 1973 and 1994 respectively. People have different opinions about Erica Jong, and I think only the female opinions count seriously even if everyone has an opinion. :-) I for one have never had anything against her. And now at age 71 she has had the courage and forthrightness to apologize publicly for some bad things she once said about Monica Lewinsky, and eloquently. Good for her, seriously.
This message is not intended to be anything about sex. This is about bullying easy targets. As a rule I make neither a long visit nor a second visit to anyplace where there is cyberbullying or any other bullying going on that I do not have the power to stop, and I try not to get people feeling bullied by me. In real life, regardless of fiction sometimes perhaps, I do not like witnessing hatred except when necessary to try to put a stop to it. That's just me. I like it this way. I recommend it unless of course someone is paying you well enough to make it worth it to you to put up with being bullied. That is of course not this case about the great Ms. Lewinski. I just do not like people who get off on getting into a gang mentality and having fun speculating as to the mentality and hidden motives of easy targets. I can love them in a way as fellow humans, but I do not like them. Among the easy targets are many females in many places these days, so I have read.
I invite you to put your mind to helping to stop psychological abuse as well as physical abuse, and not only against females but against males and against anybody.
I know, I know, priorities priorities, but it is something that one might pick upon and help with one way or another when an opportunity might appear in your face.
love,
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid. If you are not doing it you can do it. Other people are doing it. We can learn from them, I find.