and please also make this message viral
I am not asking you for any charity whatsoever, I want you to know. I worked and paid in to the Social Security Fund. As it was set up, the Social Security Fund is a separate fund, but the general treasure could borrow the extra funds that came in each and every month from the Social Security payroll deductions. Social Security payments are to be adjusted each year according to changes in the cost of living. The annual Cost of Living Index has been manipulated with trickier and trickier calculations of living costs. The effect of that has been to cheat me and others out of what we bought with our money. The pressure comes from those who control the general fund not wanting any risk of having actually to pay back any of the money that it borrowed from the Social Security fund. I actually need that money. At least partly due to my diabetes, I have actually been living entirely on my diminishing Social Security retirement income for the past few years and doing a bit of work for relatives now and again free of charge.
I received the message below as a forward from one of my thoughtful relatives. Please. Sign the petition. Eight hundred dollars a year does not come close to replacing what the Federal government has cheated us out of under our contract. Thank you. The links are to a page at MoveOn, where the petition is. The petition is actually posted at the MoveOn site by Campaign for America's Future (Wikipedia page).*
Thanks!
Larry
* I do not know whose idea it was to use that language, but that Wikipedia page calls Campaign for America's Future a "left-leaning" organization. Just so you know, I do not regard this particular bill as "left-leaning" at all. I think most people understand that a deal is a deal, that a contract is a contract.
------------------------
From: Roger Hickey <manager@ourfuture.org>;
To: Anon
Subject: $800 more per year for everyone
Sent: Fri, May 17, 2013 2:13:31 PM
