Subject: introverts
Many years ago when I was trying to figure out what profession to head into, I took some tests at a job counseling place. One test I remember found that I measured just off center toward the introvert end, between the extreme introvert and extreme extrovert personality types.
Just in the past day or so I've discovered some fascinating recent reading materials on the topic of introverts. As it turns out, being an introvert isn't all bad.
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain (January 29, 2013)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307352153/
This book has, as I write, 1,379 customer reviews, many of them interesting!
"Caring for Your Introvert" by Jonathan Rauch, March 1, 2003
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2003/03/caring-for-your-introvert/302696/
"6 Things You Thought Wrong About Introverts" by Carolyn Gregoire July 29, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29/introvert-myths_n_3569058.html
Enjoy!
Larry
--
Attorney Scott archives
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2013/05/sent-12212-major-i-like-myself.html
Many years ago when I was trying to figure out what profession to head into, I took some tests at a job counseling place. One test I remember found that I measured just off center toward the introvert end, between the extreme introvert and extreme extrovert personality types.
Just in the past day or so I've discovered some fascinating recent reading materials on the topic of introverts. As it turns out, being an introvert isn't all bad.
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain (January 29, 2013)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307352153/
This book has, as I write, 1,379 customer reviews, many of them interesting!
"Caring for Your Introvert" by Jonathan Rauch, March 1, 2003
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2003/03/caring-for-your-introvert/302696/
"6 Things You Thought Wrong About Introverts" by Carolyn Gregoire July 29, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29/introvert-myths_n_3569058.html
Enjoy!
Larry
--
Attorney Scott archives
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2013/05/sent-12212-major-i-like-myself.html