sent 9/5/13 update; conference call; video: Bush and Obama--Age of Terror

Subject: video: Bush and Obama--Age of Terror

From the FCNL Legislative Assistant on Middle East Policy this morning: "In the past two days, I’ve talked with staff in dozens of congressional offices. Overwhelmingly, staff report that they are hearing strong opposition from constituents to any U.S. military strike against Syria. Your advocacy is having an effect, but staff say members of Congress are also under tremendous pressure to support military action."

You can be very sure that that tremendous pressure is coming from huge private business interests.  The FCNL and all the others who are part of the effort to stop this are not saying well let's give up.  They are saying let's keep it up and do more.  Here is the phone number if you would like to listen in with them tonight, September 5th, at 8 pm EST:  213-342-3000.  Enter the access code 283096

This morning I got a comment back from a friend, saying, "We citizens maintain some humbleness as we admit we know only a part of the whole..."

I know a great deal.  I admit I do not know every detail.  If you think you can imagine some particular hypothetical detail that I might not know that might affect my unequivocal decision that the U.S. attacking Syria would be a very bad idea, do let me know.  Yes that's a challenge.

It might help if you were to download and watch this video, Bush and Obama--Age of Terror first before you try to come up with something.  As I said, I know a lot.  After watching this 58 minute video two nights ago I knew more than I did before that.  It is the tenth and last in Oliver Stone's series, The Unwritten History of the United States. It was made late last year or early this year.  It seems complete and up to date, including not only the Middle East but also current U.S. efforts and plans related to China.

NOTE: The above link to the video download does NOT open a web page.  If you have your settings fixed so that all downloads go to a particular spot, like your Desktop, then it will do that.  Otherwise clicking the link immediately presents a download dialog, the kind where you choose what to do with a download, where to put it under My Computer, etc.

-----------------------------------
One more article:
"Tomgram: Engelhardt, Alone and Delusional on Planet Earth"
by Tom Engelhardt, September 3, 2013
http://tinyurl.com/kbe2kyk
You may be familiar with Tom Engelhardt of The Nation Institute.  He is most always brilliant.

Larry

P.S. The posting of the video is an exception under the copyright law--educational, not for profit.