PLEASE ACT against the move to fast-track the Trans-Pacific Partnership ("TPP"). It seems to be time.
"Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP): A Trade Agreement You Should Care About"
http://www.ibtimes.com/trans-pacific-partnership-tpp-trade-agreement-you-should-care-about-1425468
"TPP Is a Race to The Bottom -- We Need a Race to the Top"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-cohen/tpp-is-a-race-to-the-bott_b_4058743.html
"There's an International Plan to Censor the Internet in the Works -- Let's Stop It in Its Tracks"
http://www.alternet.org/media/theres-international-plan-censor-internet-works-lets-stop-it-its-tracks?paging=off¤t_page=1#bookmark
At the bottom of that third linked article is the link https://openmedia.org/censorship . But that petition seems to be focused just on the Internet censorship plan that's part of the TPP, and yes, that is very bad. There are also other very bad things about the TPP. See also links in my earlier emails about the TPP, below. I am calendaring for Monday to use the index from the last time I asked you take action on something, to find and call my members of Congress:
http://capwiz.com/fconl/dbq/officials/
Remembering my zip code is easier for me than remembering their names. :-7 I think I'm going to ask all of them to exert whatever influence they have against this thing being fast-tracked, and I may or may not mention the censorship. You may recall that we have had successes in the past at fighting off some heavy attacks on the relatively open Internet. But again, that is not all this is about. I think there's something to be said for getting to the point with Congressional aides, as in, for example:
"Please ask xxx to exert all possible influence against fast-tracking the proposed new Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade agreement so called through Congress. There are a few very serious things that cry out for Congressional discussion in accord with our American traditions. Would you like my name and zip code?"PLEASE ACT. WE HAVE PROVEN WE HAVE POWER IF ENOUGH PEOPLE CALL.
Oh, and if you need toll free, the number the FCNL provides seems to be working: 1-855-686-6927. With that you wait and get routed from there to the various congressional offices.
And please help make this message go viral.
Thanks much!
Larry
--
Off topic but related: Please watch Wendell Berry
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2013/10/sent-101213-my-hero-wendell-berry-on.html
--
Previous emails on this topic are in:
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2013/10/sent-10513-another-big-worry-for-ya.html