1. "11/22:
The Day 'Truth' Died"
November 21, 2013 by Ira Chernus
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/11/21-5
This one paragraph stuck out at me. But you would be better off with the context, I think. That's another reason to read the article, besides its author being Ira Chernus, I mean.
Compromise on matters that aren't crucial, the Mahatma advised. When moral principle is at stake, stand up for truth as you see it. Yet offer love and compassion to those who see it differently, even as you firmly resist their actions and policies. Never seek to harm them. If harm must come, let it be on you.
JFK was not the main focus of article for me. But I do remember sending you the link to a book once, a book written by an insider. It said that JFK was the last United States President even to try to keep the military industrial complex under some semblance of control, President Eisenhower having been the last to do so successfully. Do think about that for a moment or so. Things changed then. Things changed with JFK's death.
2. "Shielding a Flickering Flame" by Chris Hedges November 24, 2013
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/shielding_a_flickering_flame_20131124
Chris Hedges is brilliant here, as usual, this time on potential roles of parents vs the potential roles of people who are not parents
3. "Naming Names: The 90 Companies Destroying Our Planet"
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/11/21-0
4. One of my sisters pointed me to this Robert Frost poem this evening. I read it to her and couldn't stop crying while I read, because of its simple beauty. We know the country and the city, both of us. This is significantly about gratitude for the country. As the imagery went through my mind, so did more metaphorical meanings, as in a big "we." It can be simple or it can be very complicated.
"The Tuft of Flowers" by Robert Frost
http://www.bartleby.com/117/24.html
November 21, 2013 by Ira Chernus
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/11/21-5
This one paragraph stuck out at me. But you would be better off with the context, I think. That's another reason to read the article, besides its author being Ira Chernus, I mean.
Compromise on matters that aren't crucial, the Mahatma advised. When moral principle is at stake, stand up for truth as you see it. Yet offer love and compassion to those who see it differently, even as you firmly resist their actions and policies. Never seek to harm them. If harm must come, let it be on you.
JFK was not the main focus of article for me. But I do remember sending you the link to a book once, a book written by an insider. It said that JFK was the last United States President even to try to keep the military industrial complex under some semblance of control, President Eisenhower having been the last to do so successfully. Do think about that for a moment or so. Things changed then. Things changed with JFK's death.
2. "Shielding a Flickering Flame" by Chris Hedges November 24, 2013
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/shielding_a_flickering_flame_20131124
Chris Hedges is brilliant here, as usual, this time on potential roles of parents vs the potential roles of people who are not parents
3. "Naming Names: The 90 Companies Destroying Our Planet"
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/11/21-0
4. One of my sisters pointed me to this Robert Frost poem this evening. I read it to her and couldn't stop crying while I read, because of its simple beauty. We know the country and the city, both of us. This is significantly about gratitude for the country. As the imagery went through my mind, so did more metaphorical meanings, as in a big "we." It can be simple or it can be very complicated.
"The Tuft of Flowers" by Robert Frost
http://www.bartleby.com/117/24.html
--
I try to be aware of as much as possible and then let the positive go to the top. love, Larry
I try to be aware of as much as possible and then let the positive go to the top. love, Larry