This time I am putting the 5/5/14 addition entirely at the top here:
"Ukraine and Europe's Sleepwalkers," by Gavin Hewitt, Europe editor, BBCNews, 5 May 2014
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27282063
You heard it here. This has to do with how what started with the Western economic invasion of Ukraine seems to be playing out and where it all seems to be headed, from an intelligent perspective and with significant facts.
PLEASE: Review the article by Seumas Milne (introduced below), and read that one and this newer one by Gavin Hewitt in juxtaposition. The do not overlap, but they do complement each other very well. I suggest putting your mind to the formation of a better picture, putting the the two of these together.
I am willing to assume for now that no one is going to argue seriously with Gavin Hewitt of the BBC. That said, to me there does not seem to be much room left for additional comment, for right now anyway, unless you have personal involvement, as I have, through the marriage of a close relative to a person and family from that part of the world, eastern Europe. We do have lots to talk about.
Larry
---------------------------------
sent 5/3/14 Subject: It's not Russia that's pushed Ukraine to the brink of war, by Seumas Milne, The Guardian, April 30, 2014
The attempt to lever Kiev into the western camp by ousting an elected leader made conflict certain. It could be a threat to us all
Please let this act as a reminder as you watch propaganda, if you happen to watch U.S. television, that the propaganda, though it may employ real photographs, is false.
Don't get me wrong, it's not as if I were in love with Russia, and I hear that Putin is not the greatest of leaders even internally. I may love liars in some sense, but I just don't like liars ESPECIALLY when they're liars from MY country.
See also Voices of Dissent Reject the US-Friendly Narrative on Ukraine, by Jon Queally, staff writer, CommonDreams, May 1, 2014
When the US supports a government's overthrow that's "freedom"—but when it objects, that's "Russian aggression"
There's another new tagline below.
Larry
"Ukraine and Europe's Sleepwalkers," by Gavin Hewitt, Europe editor, BBCNews, 5 May 2014
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27282063
You heard it here. This has to do with how what started with the Western economic invasion of Ukraine seems to be playing out and where it all seems to be headed, from an intelligent perspective and with significant facts.
PLEASE: Review the article by Seumas Milne (introduced below), and read that one and this newer one by Gavin Hewitt in juxtaposition. The do not overlap, but they do complement each other very well. I suggest putting your mind to the formation of a better picture, putting the the two of these together.
I am willing to assume for now that no one is going to argue seriously with Gavin Hewitt of the BBC. That said, to me there does not seem to be much room left for additional comment, for right now anyway, unless you have personal involvement, as I have, through the marriage of a close relative to a person and family from that part of the world, eastern Europe. We do have lots to talk about.
Larry
---------------------------------
sent 5/3/14 Subject: It's not Russia that's pushed Ukraine to the brink of war, by Seumas Milne, The Guardian, April 30, 2014
The attempt to lever Kiev into the western camp by ousting an elected leader made conflict certain. It could be a threat to us all
Please let this act as a reminder as you watch propaganda, if you happen to watch U.S. television, that the propaganda, though it may employ real photographs, is false.
Don't get me wrong, it's not as if I were in love with Russia, and I hear that Putin is not the greatest of leaders even internally. I may love liars in some sense, but I just don't like liars ESPECIALLY when they're liars from MY country.
See also Voices of Dissent Reject the US-Friendly Narrative on Ukraine, by Jon Queally, staff writer, CommonDreams, May 1, 2014
When the US supports a government's overthrow that's "freedom"—but when it objects, that's "Russian aggression"
There's another new tagline below.
Larry
--
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com
"undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
Top Republican leadership works very hard, through all available channels, to eliminate the notion that righteous poor people do exist. Righteous poor people who do not want handouts do exist. The clear and stated purpose of some of the very top Republican leadership is to distract from much more expensive issues than the poor in the Federal budget.
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com
"undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
Top Republican leadership works very hard, through all available channels, to eliminate the notion that righteous poor people do exist. Righteous poor people who do not want handouts do exist. The clear and stated purpose of some of the very top Republican leadership is to distract from much more expensive issues than the poor in the Federal budget.