sent 5/6/14 Greenwald vs NSA's Hayden: Glenn Wins in a Slam Dunk; + P.S.

This is for your interest, at the civilian level.  It pretty well demonstrates which side the majority are on in this, for whatever the civilian majority could matter in this "democracy" at the theoretical level. There are pie charts at the top.
"Greenwald vs NSA's Hayden: Glenn Wins in a Slam Dunk"

the videos:
Very quiet Snowden speech; I found it riveting:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/news-video/video-edward-snowden-decries-increased-surveillance-of-individuals/article18410414/

Haven't watched much of this one yet.  It really does not begin until around 27 minutes plus some seconds.  This is the one the furor, whatever furor there is, is about, showing which side the majority are really on here.
"This video was posted live during Munk Debate on State Surveillance from Munk Debates on Livestream.com - "
http://new.livestream.com/Munk-Debates/events/2939050/videos/49783440

Larry
P.S. I'd been planning the above.  I checked the news, and there is a new, more authoritative, even more up to date, and worse than ever before, climate disaster report just out.  I've no idea at the moment what I might have to say about it, if anything.  I won't bother with repeating the article titles, just this once.  The world seems to be still here at the moment, anyway, not a bad day at all here.  I am sure that this is coming at us from every reputable source now, and yes there are still reputable sources.
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2014/05/06
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2014/05/06-2

Larry