sent 11/21/14 no blood or gore

Click here to tell Mark Udall to be our hero and stand strong against torture, to release the CIA torture report before he leaves office please, though it be asking a lot of him.  http://act.demandprogress.org/go/1403
----------------------------
That was the short version.

As far as I know there is and will be no blood or gore dripping down the face of your computer screen as you read this and the email forward that begins down a ways.

I am sure that I have no more than average and probably less than average fascination with blood and gore.  I don't even spend a lot of time watching football, though watching football is ok sometimes if that's what company wants to to.  I can even follow what's going on much of the time.

My forwarding and reinforcing personally the message below is because I think we should do our very best to out people who do things of which I disapprove all the while claiming to represent my best interests.  I am sorry that Senator Mark Udall just lost a close election in Colorado.  I hope he will do this good thing for us, this release of information, hopefully something about who did what, on his way out the door.  I hope you feel the same way and that we both disapprove of some of the same things, like slitting people's throats while they are awake, to give a good example, hopefully.  I also have a strong general preference for myself and others telling the truth if and when we choose to say anything.  And that last is partly what this is about also.  Again, for what it's worth I have changed the hyperlinks to remove anything that would identify you as being acquainted with me.  Thank you in advance for any help with this.  You know this is about raising our children right, right?

-----sent 34 minutes later-------------
I inadvertently omitted something important from what I sent you just previously.  It is not just because we need to do our best to stop people from doing things in our names of which we disapprove.  It is also because we need the information in the CIA torture report to have a truer picture of why many of our enemies are our enemies for the sake of exercising intelligently whatever control we may have.  I don't think the world contains many enemies because they hate our freedoms, unless we are talking mainly about certain of our freedoms, like our freedom to drop bombs on them, steal things that belong to them, and things like that, working down from there.  Larry
-----end sent 43 minutes later----------
 
Here from the FCNL action site is Senator Mark Udall's direct contact information if you prefer to use something other than the DemandProgress link at the top or farther down below after this.  One of these methods could possibly carry more weight. 
-----------------------
Contact Sen. Mark Udall via Web Form.
Website: markudall.senate.gov

Washington, D.C. Office:
730 Hart Senate Office Building,
District of Columbia 20510
Phone: (202) 224-5941
Fax: (202) 224-6471

Denver Office: (more district offices)

999 18th Street, Suite N1525
Denver, Colorado 80202
Phone: (303) 650-7820
----------
Again, thank you in advance for any help with this.  You know this is about raising our children right, right?

love, Larry

------- Original Message --------
Subject:     We tortured them
Date:     Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:16:26 +0000
From:     David Segal, DemandProgress.org <info@demandprogress.org>
Reply-To:     David Segal, DemandProgress.org <info@demandprogress.org>
To:     Larry A. Scott Esq.

Larry- The Senate Intelligence Committee's "torture report" is expected to detail shocking abuse of prisoners at the hands of the CIA during the Bush administration, and even possible CIA lies to Congress to cover it up.  Unsurprisingly, the CIA is trying to prevent much of the report from seeing light of day.
But we can help compel its release -- click here to help make it happen. http://act.demandprogress.org/go/1403

As we understand it, the report of course covers waterboarding and other torture that's euphemistically been called "enhanced interrogation", but also makes it clear that the CIA engaged in even more grotesque, unreported acts as well.  All in our names.
But seven months after the Senate Intelligence Committee voted overwhelmingly to release the report to the American people, the White House is stonewalling Congress and demanding "redactions"—blacked-out sections that make the report unintelligible—before making its contents public.
But one courageous senator is considering releasing the report anyway -- please click here to urge him to do so.
http://act.demandprogress.org/go/1403

We have a real chance to have the report released before the end of the year, when Senator Mark Udall leaves office.  
Here's how: Members of Congress have an absolute right to free speech, and a member could release the report in its entirety without fear of prosecution.  
This is just as the Pentagon Papers, disclosing lies that underpinned our involvement in Vietnam, were released in 1971.
That's exactly what transparency advocates are calling on the outgoing, staunchly anti-torture and pro-transparency Senator Udall to do -- and he's made it clear that he's actively considering doing so.
This is would be a courageous act that would incur the ire of very powerful interests -- so we need to make sure that Udall knows countless people will support him if he chooses to move forward.
Click here to tell Mark Udall to be our hero and stand strong against torture: Please release the report before you leave office.  http://act.demandprogress.org/go/1403

We have a real chance to make history -- and hold the Bush administration and the CIA's torturers accountable.  Let's get it done.
-Demand Progress
Paid for by Demand Progress (DemandProgress.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.
--
Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
Laugh. Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.
--Wendell Berry