sent 1/19/15 (11-30-2009 repeat) copy of sermon Re: happy thanksgiving :-)

Boy have I been cooking today.  This is first in an immediate short series today, hopefully all today. Larry
------------------------------------
Subject: copy of sermon Re: happy thanksgiving :-)
Date: November 30, 2009

Here it is, [now a very quick download* under this ge.tt link-LAS], just received, from Rabbi Amy J. Sapowith, Temple Sinai, Rochester, New York--her Thanksgiving day sermon in PDF (Acrobat Reader) format.  I suggest just going ahead and printing it and then reading it on paper.  It is only 11 pages and, in my opinion, very much worth keeping if it is even a fraction as good as having heard her speak it.

love and hugs,

Larry
* If you are set up like most, your Acrobat Reader application will open automatically almost immediately with the document up and ready for you to to read.
----------------------------------------

On Thanksgiving afternoon Larry Scott wrote:

I accompanied my sister to church this morning for a joint service of several local city congregations including Protestants, Catholics, Jews, and Islamics.  It was a very fine service with lots of opportunity to sing songs that I and many others knew.  The main message (some say "sermon") was given by a fairly young and obviously gentle woman, a Rabbi from one of the synagogues.  The message was:

Eliminate resentment from yourself, by one means or another, no matter what seemingly good excuse there might be for it.  Resentment is bad for your soul and bad for your health, like smoking cigarettes.  Be thankful for what you have.

Of course it was much better than that.  The Rabbi promised to email me a copy.  When it comes perhaps I will forward it to you.

Anyway, I hope you are having a great day.  We did have some great food, but today wasn't all about the food.  Have fun or make the best of it, I say frequently these days.  :-)

love and hugs,

Larry