sent 4/6/14 so fascinating to observe "Profiting from Climate Change"

5/17/15 note: I am posting this now over a year later because I want to refer to it in a new message that I'm just writing.
----------------------------
Subject: so fascinating to observe "Profiting from Climate Change"

I keep thinking all's been said that there is to say and keep finding out I was mistaken.  This one is about some of those who are making big profits or are planning to make big profits from global warming. 

More than once over a period of five years I have mentioned the game "Ain't it Awful."  The game was named and described by Dr. Eric Berne in his 1964 classic, Games People Play.  An excellent piece on the subject of that game and the accompanying damage to the human spirit by the playing of it, aside from it's being a waste of time, is this church sermon by Rev. Sam Trumbore May 28th, 1995.  1. One thing Rev. Trumbore said is, "What matters tremendously now is not that we have the answers, because we don't, but rather that we be part of the answer by being willing to engage with the problems of today as much as possible, given each of our limits and resources." 2. Then he described the "Ain't it Awful" game--using my words now--as being about people having conversations among each other in a particular way, a way that tends to create a "we/they separation" in the course of complaining, like one member saying something along the lines of, "Oh how terrible is that other [person or group], not present."  Then the other players of the group playing the game chime in "Oh yes, ain't it awful," or something like that agreeing that another person or group is just horrible, or maybe that the whole world is horrible.  Needless to say, we now have Internet groups, which had not grown as large as of 1995, much less 1964.  3.  Near the end of his sermon Rev. Trumbore said,  "The ain't-it-awful game doesn't help in this growth of the soul, rather it shrivels the heart into a little dry nut. For judgment without love and compassion is meaningless."

So do see whether you can read about these people without hating them. :-)  I do not think that hatred will help with doing whatever you might want to do to try get in their way, if anything, or with trying to encourage others to help get in their way, even if you think killing them one by one would help.  No that is NOT a suggestion.  It is for clarification of what it is that I am saying here. 
One can be cold-blooded and act without wasting time and energy with hatred.  Supposedly that can even lead to better decision-making.

Profiting from Climate Change, by Professor Gary Olsen, CommonDreams.org March 31, 2014.

love,

Larry