sent 02/09/16 1. "Secrets of Donald Trump’s cult: This is why the angriest white voters will not leave his side" 2.....

Subject: "1. 'Secrets of Donald Trump’s cult: This is why the angriest white voters will not leave his side' 2. 'In the age of all-American anger: Bernie Sanders, The Big Short & a nation that’s had it up to here.'"

1. The following quote is pithy enough, but it is but a minor part toward the end of the great article whose link follows.  The article is about a relationship between “terror management theory” and U.S. politics.

"One of the great tragedies in contemporary American political life is how white working-class voters routinely support political candidates and policies that do not improve their lives, but instead contribute to their immiseration. When the denizens of Red State America look around, they see communities with high levels of illegal drug use, pain pill addiction, unemployment, domestic violence, a breakdown in “family values,” and gun violence. Right-wing America’s opinion leaders routinely use language such as “makers” and “takers” as a way to slur black and brown residents in “the ghetto” or “inner city.” In reality, Red State America consumes more public resources than other parts of the country [link]. There are more poor white people than any other group. And rural white poverty is one of the great hidden shames of the nation." [Emphasis added--LAS]
"Secrets of Donald Trump’s cult: This is why the angriest white voters will not leave his side," by Chauncey DeVega, February 6, 2016. 
http://www.salon.com/2016/02/06/secrets_of_donald_trumps_cult_this_is_why_the_angriest_white_voters_will_not_leave_his_side/

[Actually I am not sure that I am really ashamed that some or many white people live in poverty, even though there are many countries that are doing much better.  But the pretense of a huge contrast between whites and blacks and other skin colors does bother me just because of the lie, never mind that it's that simple false factual allegation that forms the major basis of the philosophy of life of many people.  I am ashamed of having such ignorant company.  So that might sound a bit arrogant to some people.  Whatever, it is how I feel, knowing for sure that I am certainly not the most knowledgeable or the smartest.  I have tried, and continue to try, to build on what I learned in school(s).]

2. "In the age of all-American anger: Bernie Sanders, 'The Big Short' & a nation that’s had it up to here," by Edwin Lyngar, February 8, 2016.
http://www.salon.com/2016/02/08/in_the_age_of_all_american_anger_bernie_sanders_the_big_short_a_nation_thats_had_it_up_to_here/

Also pithy and meaningful.

love,
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
The concept that people wearing suits all think the same way is TOTALLY false, not even remotely true except for the bare concept of wearing a suit sometimes. Remember for example Alfred Korzybski, who sometimes wore a suit and thought differently from everyone else at the time, both at once. The fact that there are billions of different true stories that no one could invent is sometimes a difficult concept, or so I find.
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; get over fear.  If you are not doing it you can do it.  Other people are doing it.  We can learn from them, I find.