sent 3/7/16 Is Sanders ignorant of something crucially important?; [Monsanto:] Wave of Opposition Derails EU Bid to Extend Use of Toxic Herbicide

"[Monsanto:] Wave of Opposition Derails EU Bid to Extend Use of Toxic Herbicide," by Lauren McCauley, staff writer, Common Dreams, March 7, 2016

Well good for Europe! 

One big problem with former Secretary of State Clinton that I have not seen mentioned in the news recently is the big speech she gave several months back in favor of Monsanto and its weed-killing product glyphosate, aka RoundUp.  That was clearly another Wall Street thing for her.

Of course I did not go upstairs and turn on my television last night to watch the Sanders/Clinton debate.  But today I did review that debate with some articles and short video snippets just now.  I did it for a friend who wanted to know my reaction, so I came up with a couple of things worth sharing, perhaps.  Here is one URL on "what we learned":
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/06/clinton-sanders-democratic-debate-flint-what-we-learned
I did not see there much more than we already knew about Hillary Clinton's problems:
http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/why-hillary-could-be-lot-more-vulnerable-trump-bernie
One thing now worries me about Senator Sanders.  From what he said about "the bailout" it sounds as though he does not understand the fractional reserve banking system in which the world including us is embedded and the absolute necessity for continually increasing the sum of public and private debt.  Reducing that sum total would produce deflation, which is much worse than inflation.  That is just how it works.  Thinking in terms of a business or household budget can only lead one astray, and you know it does lead lots of people astray bigtime.  I expect Republican politicians not to know any better or to act as though they don't know any better rather than trying to explain it.  I won't draw that conclusion about Senator Sanders ignorance quite yet.  I hope for better from him.  The debt does not have to be paid off, but there has to be some incentive for continuous lending, such as interest payments.  We have some related political problems what with our big lenders being China and now Japan, approximately equally, including the fact that they are having their own problems.

But I have just contributed a bit of money once again to Sanders' campaign and plan to keep doing what I can.
  Subject to the approval of the owner I look forward to putting a sign on the lawn here next to the road.

Larry