sent 8/15/16 the big bottom line Re: Because MAJOR, Please take viral "Fractured Lands: How the Arab World Came Apart": NYT Mag Examines Region Since 2003 U.S. Invasion

I have just finished reading the very personal stories of families in different totally arbitrary partitions of the Ottoman Empire that were created by Western nations around the time of, and immediately following World War I and through today.  It is a rather continuous flow. Repeating the link from below, long investigation and research by "novelist, journalist, and veteran war correspondent" Scott Anderson (Wikipedia link).  I think it will be necessary for me to read it at least once more and maybe twice more to be able to absorb it and get it all straight.

At this point I would say that the bottom line is, what a horrible mess the Western powers have made beginning around World War I and up through the present in the region formerly known as the Ottoman Empire.  "We Americans" and other major powers have been responsible for so much evil.  What to do now with so many enemies?!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitioning_of_the_Ottoman_Empire

The devil is in the details.  So I hope you will read it carefully, absorb it, and then move on with a better understanding of things than what you will ever get from watching television. 

Oh, and Israel is not the topic of much of this writing, but do look out for some mentions of Israel and think about their implications when you happen upon them.

I do hope that you can resist the crazy notion that nothing is real unless you have seen it on television.  I worry about that, especially with some of my friends.

love,
Larry

On 8/12/2016 11:50 PM, Larry Scott wrote:
MAJOR "Fractured Lands: How the Arab World Came Apart": NYT Mag Examines Region Since 2003 U.S. Invasion, Democracy Now interview with Scott Anderson concerning his six part article that takes up the entire current issue of New York Times Magazine (interactive on line)

Please take this one viral.  These are the basics of a major part of our essentially indisputable reality that everyone really ought to know except for those who are inhabitants of mental health facilities for those who cannot cope.

Larry
P.S. Please take this viral.  Because it is important!  Thank you.