sent 11/17/2016 "Is There a Link Between the End of Economic Growth and the Rise of Trump?--The era of global growth is over, and Trump is the first of coming calamities."

"Is There a Link Between the End of Economic Growth and the Rise of Trump?--The era of global growth is over, and Trump is the first of coming calamities," by Andrew Nikiforuk, AlterNet/The Tyee, November 10, 2016

You might remember the brilliant thinker and economist Raúl Ilargi Meijer of TheAutomaticEarth.com.  I show five sent messages about his and his partner Nicole Foss's work.  This piece of his from before the election is cited in the article at the top: "Why There is Trump," September 26, 2016.  He gives the best explanation of why there is Trump.  This is a bit of it:
"......Donald Trump, and I say this mere hours before the first debate, may still lose the election, but it doesn’t truly matter. He’s just the figure head -dare we say bobble head?- for a development, even a revolution, that he doesn’t control any more than you and I do. He’s got a role to play but he didn’t write it.

"If he wins, his program too, like all the others, will be targeted towards more growth, and there’s no such thing available. And while in a no-growth scenario it’ll be a good thing for America to bring jobs back home, as is trump’s message, they won’t spell anything that even comes close to growth......"
What Raúl Ilargi Meijer says seems to me to fit with at least one major aspect of an important documentary by the well known Dr. Nafeez Ahmed that I sent you on March 21, 2014,* The Crisis of Civilization --documentary film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMgOTQ7D_lk  My brilliant sister just reminded me of it a day or so ago.

* The subject line of the message was, "Subject: Between danger and hope "[P]roponents of fatalism are actually systematically misrepresenting and obfuscating the science to justify hopelessness." Repeating another part of that March 21, 2014 message:
We are NOT doomed.

"The global Transition tipping point has arrived - vive la révolution"
by Dr. Nafeez Ahmed March 18, 2014
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/mar/18/transition-tipping-point-revolution-doom?CMP=twt_gu
I outlined another excellent publication by Dr. Ahmed in sent 6/23/14 "Pentagon preparing for mass civil breakdown"; Ellen Langer.

Again, I do not tell you all this to say, "Ain't it awful!"  I share this information in the hope that it might benefit your personal planning for your life and that of your friends.  It is up to you to figure out what to do with it.  Because it will help you, please do remember sent 11/12/16 something old that I am inspired to send you: "Ten things science says will make you happy"

love,
Larry
--
 Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
Please remember my purpose with this: sent 2/22/15 my motive [link]
"Lead with your ears, follow with your tongue, let anger trail behind"--
Reverend Ryan Henderson September 18, 2016