sent 10/8/2017 Facebook again: "Forget Russian Trolls. Facebook's Own Staff Helped Win The Election."

Facebook again: "Forget Russian Trolls. Facebook's Own Staff Helped Win The Election," by Daniel Kreiss, Associate Professor in the School of Media and Journalism at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and Shannon McGregor, an Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication at The University of Utah, Buzzfeed, October 4, 2017. 

"Facebook, Google, and Twitter all directly advised campaigns on how to influence voters — and the help may have been decisive."

I have another big problem with Facebook, their feeding everyone's personal information to the National Security Agency.  I too have "nothing to hide," I suppose, but I have a principled objection to that policy nonetheless.  I almost never go there, and I have never had a Facebook account.  Yay me! :-)

Past messages about Facebook:

sent 12/2/16 "Trump’s Trouble with the Truth" + (Re: "The Fake News About Fake News")

sent 9/15/2017 don't miss: major important articles from all over, many topics, collected by the Harvard Kennedy School Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics, and Public Policy--contains links to several significant articles on the topic of personally oriented false or somewhat false "news" on Facebook, including one from PCWorld.

sent 9/19/16 sick  [n.b. It looks to me now as though a wealthy neoconservative might have had a hand in Facebook's discrimination against Palestine.  Do recall, by the way, that Hillary Clinton was a big part of that discrimination against Palestine, not necessarily on Facebook directly.--LS October 8, 2017]

But the feature article of three days ago from Buzzfeed about Facebook staff helping with political advertising is not about discrimination against Palestine, not entirely anyway, not directly.  One can think about relationships, however, certainly.

love to you and your family,

Larry