sent 11/28/2017 "How to Convince Someone When Facts Fail: Why worldview threats undermine evidence"; taking away my health insurance

"How to Convince Someone When Facts Fail: Why worldview threats undermine evidence," by  Michael Shermer, Scientific American, January 1, 2017

"The Backfire Effect," by David McRaney, You Are Not So Smart, June 10, 2011

Thanks to Chris Joosse, https://www.quora.com/Why-do-I-have-a-hard-time-understanding-liberal-arguments-on-a-lot-of-issues/answer/Chris-Joosse.

Related except this first one was perhaps a bit more one-sided: sent 11/10/2017 The Politics of Resentment

sent 1/30/17 (major, brilliant, important) "The Election: Of Hate, Grief, and a New Story"

Speaking of hate, I am having trouble not hating those who want to kill me by making it impossible in the near future for me, not to mention many others, to get health insurance.  New York state may be able to save some of us.  I have type II diabetes that requires the application of more money for drugs than I could even begin to afford without health insurance.  The requirement of keeping stress down and sleeping more hours than average also means that I could not work a job even if I could find one at my age.  However, I believe that I still provide some value to others, or so I am told.  Of course many others are in situations that are similar to mine.  Senate GOP tax bill hurts the poor more than originally thought, CBO finds.  See the top chart.  Another article there says opposition to the gradual cost of living increase bill for those $30,000--and finally increasing at the $75,000 level in 2017--is melting because Republicans are determined to get something done. 

love to you and your family,

Larry