sent 5/20&22/13 Carolyn Baker May 6, 2013 personal statement

Subject: May 6, 2013 personal statement from Carolyn Baker
5/22/2013 Added an exchange with a commenter at the bottom.

If you're lucky you remember Carolyn Baker at least somewhat well.

Please listen with love, as you imagine a Quaker might, to this very personal May 6, 2013 statement by Carolyn Baker, as to a person who is "standing in the light"--but leaving it to her to be the final authority on whether or not she was indeed "standing in the light" as she was writing.  I presume to say that I perceive that Carolyn Baker was indeed standing in the light at the times when she was writing this
http://guymcpherson.com/2013/05/preparing-for-near-term-extinction/

Please allow me to suggest, respectfully, that you allow Carolyn Baker's personal testimony to coalesce in your consciousness with the two articles,
http://www.paulchefurka.ca/Thermo/Thermo1.html , particularly the ending of that one, and http://guymcpherson.com/2012/10/only-love-remains/ WITHOUT ALLOWING any one or two of them to diminish any of the others even a little bit.  I am completely aware of what a tricky thing I am suggesting.  But please allow me to be a bit presumptuous and suggest that it is well worth the doing.

love, and my great thanks to my valued friend Carolyn Baker, mainly for having taken the time to get her thoughts into a great writing.

Larry
-------------sent 5/22/13 "another comment----------

Note that my friend RW is an exception among my correspondents.  He has demanded that his words be identified with him in my publicizing them, and I accommodate him.  Again, don't worry about my doing it to you, ever.  Not without explicit permission at least.

RW quoting: Carolyn Baker: We have ushered in intractable near term extinction (NTE) of most of life within the next several decades." In other words, NTE is a veritable certainty, and our existences on this planet as a human species is about to end.

RW: Who is this "We" she is referring to?

LS: I think she was referring to the human race.

RW: Is she identifying with the investment class that created the problem? More than likely she doesn't even realize that there is an investment class. When one doesn't have a coherent economic political understanding, it leads to all sorts of gloom and despair because one can't possibly come up with solutions to a problem one doesn't understand.

LS: She has a coherent economic political understanding.  You may not remember, but Carolyn Baker is good friends with Catherine Austin Fitts, whom I have relied upon heavily as a source in the past.  Whether or not you share her belief (and that of a significant number of scientists) as you stated it, please recognize that Carolyn Baker has been working continuously and very hard for years organizing and being part of the solution to the situation as she sees it, or at least helping people with it.  She and others may well understand the problem well enough.

Larry
( http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2013/05/sent-51913-comment-from-activist-re-not.html
To remind you of the bulleted list I sent you a couple of days ago.  It's in there.)

-------more 5/22/13-------------
Subject: From Carolyn Baker-Reply to RW, conference announcement Re: another comment Re: comments and picture Re: May 6, 2013 personal statement from Carolyn Baker

Carolyn Baker is another exception to my anonymity rule.  She also has asked specifically that her words be identified.

Carolyn Baker: I absolutely do understand the investment class which caused most of the problem, but all of the rest of us have contributed to it as well on a smaller scale by demanding that we attain a certain lifestyle (even if we are middle or working class) and therefore we insist that we "require" the fossil fuel energy necessary to maintain it. I do not hold that every single member of the human species will become extinct in the next century, but I do believe that a significant number (probably in the billions) will die-off. The investment class goes and gets what we demand and what they can hugely profit from, namely, fossil fuels. Climate scientist, James Hansen, has recently stated that if the Keystone Pipeline is implemented, we can kiss climate change reversal goodbye.

LAS: This is a minor comment to my friend RW: Please know that I agree with Carolyn Baker, not that she needs my approval, about our individual responsibilities in demanding a certain lifestyle even if we are middle or working class.  Of course that is not to be construed as a statement that I waste my time with feeling guilty.

Carolyn Baker: By the way, I have been researching these issues since 2000 and worked closely with Mike Ruppert at From The Wilderness when that site was still active. Please do not assume that I don't even understand that there is an investment class and please visit my website at www.carolynbaker.net.

Carolyn Baker: I don't know if you are aware of the  Age of Limits Conference which will occur this weekend in Pennsylvania. This is the second annual conference, and I am one of the presenters. Anyone who cares anything about the state of our planet should be aware of this event. I'll be blogging about it over the weekend at my website at www.carolynbaker.net.
Thank you for being aware of this and spreading the word.

LAS: You are welcome, Carolyn Baker, and, as always, I am grateful for your work.

Larry