Subject: new hope for more democracy in America
What happened in the past few days, the American people succeeding in forcing the President to back off on attacking Syria was historic. It sets a new precedent. This looks like an excellent discussion about what it means for the future.
"With War Off the Table, It’s Time for Syria Ceasefire, Negotiations, and Talking to Iran" September 11, 2013
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/09/11-5
Robert Naiman is Policy Director at Just Foreign Policy. Naiman has worked as a policy analyst and researcher at the Center for Economic and Policy Research and Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch. He has masters degrees in economics and mathematics from the University of Illinois and has studied and worked in the Middle East.
Note Mr. Naiman's attribution of responsibility for advocating FOR a U.S. military attack on Syria to the government of Israel, the government of Saudi Arabia, and the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), which is a completely U.S. organization of Zionist Jews. For Zionism click here. Again, it is a minority of American Jews who are serious Zionists. It's that minority that belongs to AIPAC. I mentioned AIPAC to you just recently, for the umpteenth time.
You might recall my sharing the fact a couple of years or so ago--perhaps it was as far back as toward the end of the Bush years-- that a congressional survey in Washington had told us that AIPAC is the second-most influential congressional lobby of all, second only to the AARC lobby. I have no reason to believe that that has changed. The top leaders of AIPAC happen to include some big bankers.
I am not very familiar with Robert Naiman and so must say, while I may approve of what he says here, I do not necessarily agree with anything else he's ever said elsewhere. :-)
Larry
What happened in the past few days, the American people succeeding in forcing the President to back off on attacking Syria was historic. It sets a new precedent. This looks like an excellent discussion about what it means for the future.
"With War Off the Table, It’s Time for Syria Ceasefire, Negotiations, and Talking to Iran" September 11, 2013
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/09/11-5
Robert Naiman is Policy Director at Just Foreign Policy. Naiman has worked as a policy analyst and researcher at the Center for Economic and Policy Research and Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch. He has masters degrees in economics and mathematics from the University of Illinois and has studied and worked in the Middle East.
Note Mr. Naiman's attribution of responsibility for advocating FOR a U.S. military attack on Syria to the government of Israel, the government of Saudi Arabia, and the American-Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), which is a completely U.S. organization of Zionist Jews. For Zionism click here. Again, it is a minority of American Jews who are serious Zionists. It's that minority that belongs to AIPAC. I mentioned AIPAC to you just recently, for the umpteenth time.
You might recall my sharing the fact a couple of years or so ago--perhaps it was as far back as toward the end of the Bush years-- that a congressional survey in Washington had told us that AIPAC is the second-most influential congressional lobby of all, second only to the AARC lobby. I have no reason to believe that that has changed. The top leaders of AIPAC happen to include some big bankers.
I am not very familiar with Robert Naiman and so must say, while I may approve of what he says here, I do not necessarily agree with anything else he's ever said elsewhere. :-)
Larry