sent 11/25/13 respectful suggestions

This is something I wrote for one particular person and then modified, by adding the P.S. for one other person.  You might find the review worthwhile.  Again, if you need one or the other of the original sources for some reason I can find them.  For now I want to avoid making things unnecessarily complicated, and I mean unnecessarily complicated for you, not me. :-)  love, Larry
-----------------------------------
Dear <>,

These are things I've gleaned from wise old writings that you can probably identify.  I could find them but do not need to, and am I not suggesting that you should look for the originals either.  My point is these are not things I just thought up without help.  If you want the sources but cannot find them I will put my mind to it; I do have clues as to where to look.

1. Use mental discipline to avoid spending your time comparing yourself with others.  There's always someone to admire and always someone to look down upon.

2. Put out of your mind the things about which something needs to be done but that you yourself can do nothing about.  This exercise does NOT require the help of the unnamed, but it might require getting into a meditative state to sort out where you might be able to do something vs where it's beyond your power, yourself personally. In the process calm yourself down.  Then do whatever seems to you the next thing to do.

Those two thoughts deserve two separate emails and at least one million Facebook posts.  Oh well.  I've got breakfast coming shortly. :-)

Respectfully,
Larry

P.S. This was not in the original sources specifically, but: For you I would add a respectful suggestion for each and every time you catch yourself wishing you were somewhere else, that you instantly switch your mind to a different topic except when there is something that you can actually do right then to further the interest of being somewhere else.  This is a subcategory under number 2 above. :-)

--
I try to be aware of as much as possible and then let the positive go to the top. love, Larry