sent 1/26/14 the TPP negotiations include SOPA; CLICK THE FACE Re: JANUARY 31ST DAY OF TPP ACTION; Obama and.....

Subject: the TPP negotiations include SOPA; CLICK THE FACE ..Re: JANUARY 31ST DAY OF TPP ACTION; Obama and ....

Sunday January 26, 2014
I have been neglecting a big point, not having repeated the Internet control mechanisms that currently promise to be part of the TPP if it ever gets finalized.  It's as bad or worse than SOPA, so I've read, without using the name SOPA.  You might remember the uprising against SOPA.  Wikipedia closed down in protest when SOPA was before Congress.  SOPA may have sounded good to some, at least on its face, but there were big devils in the details.  Fast-tracking the TPP to give up Congressional responsibility and having the 12 countries finalize it sometime looks in significant part like an effort to get SOPA-like provisions done with less chance of public opposition.  I only just learned or been reminded that the draft for those provisions was leaked in November through Wikileaks.
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/11/tpp-leak-confirms-worst-us-negotiators-still-trying-trade-away-internet-freedoms
https://www.eff.org/issues/tpp
(two days ago)

Larry