I did get up before 7:30am yesterday morning to
watch the first episode of Julian Assange's new internationally
broadcast television show. It was on a local cable channel in the
high numbers that I don't pay to receive, so I watched it live on
the Internet at http://rt.com . The half hour program can be
viewed now at http://assange.rt.com or on YouTube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDLXPpooA18 .
It can be downloaded from http://assange.rt.com in OGV video format or in a variety of formats from the YouTube page for local play on your computer.
Until the very beginning of the broadcast yesterday morning, it was a secret that Mr. Sayyid Nasrallah, leader of the Lebanese organization Hezbollah, was to be interviewed live on Julian Assange's show. It was his first broadcast interview since 2006. According to Mr. Nasrallah, Hezbollah has existed from 1986 to the present with the sole mission of resisting Israeli invasions of Lebanon. Any rockets into Israel have been strictly limited to countering Israeli attacks on Lebanese communities. Hezbollah became part of the elected government in Lebanon in 2005. It limits its function to issues related to its purpose of resisting Israeli invasions into Lebanon so as not to get caught up with taking sides on other domestic issues.
Mr. Nasrallah came over to me as a decent and morally serious human being. His insights and opinions on current events in various Middle Eastern countries, particularly Syria, were most interesting.
Hezbollah is listed by the United States and Israel as a "terrorist organization."
I strongly recommend turning your head away from the video so as to avoid distraction by the foreign language words and to better concentrate on the English words from the interpreter. The interpreter seemed very good, the words understandable and consistent.
Again, I also recommend the 20 minute "pre-broadcast interview" with Julian Assange being interviewed about his new TV series. That may be easier for you to watch on YouTube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5nHrCMExaQ
Downloading is also invited.
Larry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDLXPpooA18 .
It can be downloaded from http://assange.rt.com in OGV video format or in a variety of formats from the YouTube page for local play on your computer.
Until the very beginning of the broadcast yesterday morning, it was a secret that Mr. Sayyid Nasrallah, leader of the Lebanese organization Hezbollah, was to be interviewed live on Julian Assange's show. It was his first broadcast interview since 2006. According to Mr. Nasrallah, Hezbollah has existed from 1986 to the present with the sole mission of resisting Israeli invasions of Lebanon. Any rockets into Israel have been strictly limited to countering Israeli attacks on Lebanese communities. Hezbollah became part of the elected government in Lebanon in 2005. It limits its function to issues related to its purpose of resisting Israeli invasions into Lebanon so as not to get caught up with taking sides on other domestic issues.
Mr. Nasrallah came over to me as a decent and morally serious human being. His insights and opinions on current events in various Middle Eastern countries, particularly Syria, were most interesting.
Hezbollah is listed by the United States and Israel as a "terrorist organization."
I strongly recommend turning your head away from the video so as to avoid distraction by the foreign language words and to better concentrate on the English words from the interpreter. The interpreter seemed very good, the words understandable and consistent.
Again, I also recommend the 20 minute "pre-broadcast interview" with Julian Assange being interviewed about his new TV series. That may be easier for you to watch on YouTube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5nHrCMExaQ
Downloading is also invited.
Larry
On 4/16/2012 11:27 PM, Larry Scott wrote:
I watched the 20 minute pre-broadcast interview (see previous email below). WHAT GUTS, WHAT INTELLIGENT CALM JULIAN ASSANGE HAS IN THE FACE OF THE FORCES RANGED AGAINST HIM. He is an impressive man, and there's no question about it. Not to engage in heresy, but he reminds me a bit of my image of Jesus Christ. But of course we don't know yet how gracefully Julian Assange is going to die.
VLC Media Player knows what to do with OGV format video files. If you don't have something that works, the portable version of VLC for Windows is at http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable . Run the install file, and tell the wizard what folder you want the VLCPortable folder to go on your hard drive or any plug-in media. Everything goes into the one folder. Go into the VLCPortable folder, right click on VLCPortable (VLCPortable.exe) file, and create a shortcut file. Cut and paste the shortcut file onto your Desktop or into whatever other folder you'd like to find it in to have an icon to click on to start the VLC player.
Larry
On 4/16/2012 6:54 PM, Larry Scott wrote:Subject: TOMORROW MORNING EARLY correction and reminder Re: Tuesday: Wikileaks Julian Assange Russian TV program...first episodeApril 7April 17, 2012 7:30 AM Eastern time
This event is scheduled for 7:30 am tomorrow morning Eastern U.S. time. If you have a problem with buffering being annoying you can probably find a way to pause it to buffer completely or to save it to watch non-stop later. I would not be surprised if it might be there to watch more easily later, but I plan to get up before 7:30 anyway just to see how it goes.
I am right now downloading a 158 Mb video of the pre-show interview in OGV format, which I hope one of my local video players knows about. I clicked on the small "Assange pre-show full video" window below the middle at http://assange.rt.com/ . Then when that video started in the larger window I right-clicked and chose "Save video."
On 4/13/2012 6:46 PM, Larry Scott wrote:Subject: Tuesday: Wikileaks Julian Assange TV program
first episodeApril 7April 17, 2012 7:30 AM Eastern time
Watch, I DARE YOU!
"The World Tomorrow"
http://rt.com/
http://rt.com/news/assange-world-tomorrow-premier-date-time-934/
(short mp4 teaser video download link:
http://rt.com/files/news/assange-world-tomorrow-premier-date-time-934/i5113f9d170186fd72937814ca9a78111_assange.mp4?download=1 )
(There is mention of an interview April 16th. Time?)
http://assange.rt.com/
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/04/13-1
--
Lighten up!