Subject: 2. ...because you can do something here that might matter
[toward minimizing the damage to our lives from gratuitous
U.S. warmongering]; 1. " Russia: We warned the Yanks about Islamic
State..."
1. Checking Al Jazeera this morning for the first time in awhile, I find that there are some things there that matter, about Russia for one thing.
"Russia: We warned the Yanks about Islamic State:
Russian officials fear regional war may turn into a world war," by Alexander Nekrassov, last updated September 15, 2014. "Alexander Nekrassov is a former Kremlin and government adviser." He now lives in London, England. I do not know his current connection with the Russian government, if any, except he is said to be a supporter. That does not appear to mean that he advocates for Russia taking over the world or trying to take over the world like some in the United States influence policy such as to look to the rest of the world as though we along with Israel are trying to take over the world.
There is mention of Libya in the above article. Just for reference and orientation, here is a recent message of mine with a link to a good analysis of the failure of U.S. policy in Libya:
"sent 6/15/14 about Libya--another place--boy did "we" ever f*** up there!"
I'd like to work to stop our President, big business, and specifically the military industrial complex from attacking Syria, but this time the President proposes to do it without consulting Congress.* So I am not sure what to do about it at this point, though I feel that because I am an American I have an obligation to try to stop an attack on Syria just because I agree that doing so would almost inevitably creep into attacking the Syrian government, more of the same stupidity, making ourselves even worse off in the end, not better.
*2. Just before sending this I notice here that some in Congress are working today and perhaps for a day or two now to try to get back some authority over exactly which rebels get U.S. funding and weapons before those things are distributed, leaving the rest of the authority that Bush and Obama have claimed they had and have after Congress supposedly gave the office of President blanket power to attack anybody any time with no further permission. Congress could take back and turn off that permission--any or all of it--at any time, assuming the votes were there to do that. But Congress taking back responsibility for even this much war making control would be good. It would be something, some improvement, at least. America would be that little bit more of a representative democracy at least on the surface, money notwithstanding.
So I guess I'll be calling my Federal House Representative about getting that bill before Congress and getting it passed. You can do that too, and I hope you will, unless you adjudge that doing that might get you in trouble with the Koch Brothers machine and don't care to run that risk. sent 7/6/14 2. help maintain civilization 1. ‘Citizen Koch’ Filmmakers: Watching This Movie Is ‘Civil Disobedience’
I'm sure you remember this Friends Committee on National Legislation tool for contacting members of government using any and all of the possible methods. Finding those tools involves getting to where you can click on and look under the photo of the official to/with whom you want to communicate. Then click the "Contact" tab. If you want direct phone numbers they are there; or you can click the link to "Web Form." That leads to a row of buttons where you can choose among the issues listed or click the one for "I want to write my own letter." Then when you click "Next" you can choose to have this wonderful FCNL service send for you whatever you write, by email, printed letter, or fax.
http://capwiz.com/fconl/directory/congdir.tt
I am getting this out before I complete mine. I think I might just say something like:
"In any bill pending right now this week to authorize the training and equipping of Syrian rebels, please support the inclusion of language whereby Congress would take back more control over the broader administrative strategy against the militants, also known as ISIS, starting with the question of which rebels get what, before any training begins or equipment is transferred.
"After that I am interested in keeping under control the strategies proposed by those individuals and other entities that have any potential interest in making money from an increased military budget."
Something like that. I think I will ask for an email and a fax. I think I will also call tomorrow.
Larry
--
Larry at Blogspot "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
sent 8/17/14 FCNL action alert; "From the Left, From the Right: Calls to Demilitarize Ferguson, and America"
1. Checking Al Jazeera this morning for the first time in awhile, I find that there are some things there that matter, about Russia for one thing.
"Russia: We warned the Yanks about Islamic State:
Russian officials fear regional war may turn into a world war," by Alexander Nekrassov, last updated September 15, 2014. "Alexander Nekrassov is a former Kremlin and government adviser." He now lives in London, England. I do not know his current connection with the Russian government, if any, except he is said to be a supporter. That does not appear to mean that he advocates for Russia taking over the world or trying to take over the world like some in the United States influence policy such as to look to the rest of the world as though we along with Israel are trying to take over the world.
There is mention of Libya in the above article. Just for reference and orientation, here is a recent message of mine with a link to a good analysis of the failure of U.S. policy in Libya:
"sent 6/15/14 about Libya--another place--boy did "we" ever f*** up there!"
I'd like to work to stop our President, big business, and specifically the military industrial complex from attacking Syria, but this time the President proposes to do it without consulting Congress.* So I am not sure what to do about it at this point, though I feel that because I am an American I have an obligation to try to stop an attack on Syria just because I agree that doing so would almost inevitably creep into attacking the Syrian government, more of the same stupidity, making ourselves even worse off in the end, not better.
*2. Just before sending this I notice here that some in Congress are working today and perhaps for a day or two now to try to get back some authority over exactly which rebels get U.S. funding and weapons before those things are distributed, leaving the rest of the authority that Bush and Obama have claimed they had and have after Congress supposedly gave the office of President blanket power to attack anybody any time with no further permission. Congress could take back and turn off that permission--any or all of it--at any time, assuming the votes were there to do that. But Congress taking back responsibility for even this much war making control would be good. It would be something, some improvement, at least. America would be that little bit more of a representative democracy at least on the surface, money notwithstanding.
So I guess I'll be calling my Federal House Representative about getting that bill before Congress and getting it passed. You can do that too, and I hope you will, unless you adjudge that doing that might get you in trouble with the Koch Brothers machine and don't care to run that risk. sent 7/6/14 2. help maintain civilization 1. ‘Citizen Koch’ Filmmakers: Watching This Movie Is ‘Civil Disobedience’
I'm sure you remember this Friends Committee on National Legislation tool for contacting members of government using any and all of the possible methods. Finding those tools involves getting to where you can click on and look under the photo of the official to/with whom you want to communicate. Then click the "Contact" tab. If you want direct phone numbers they are there; or you can click the link to "Web Form." That leads to a row of buttons where you can choose among the issues listed or click the one for "I want to write my own letter." Then when you click "Next" you can choose to have this wonderful FCNL service send for you whatever you write, by email, printed letter, or fax.
http://capwiz.com/fconl/directory/congdir.tt
I am getting this out before I complete mine. I think I might just say something like:
"In any bill pending right now this week to authorize the training and equipping of Syrian rebels, please support the inclusion of language whereby Congress would take back more control over the broader administrative strategy against the militants, also known as ISIS, starting with the question of which rebels get what, before any training begins or equipment is transferred.
"After that I am interested in keeping under control the strategies proposed by those individuals and other entities that have any potential interest in making money from an increased military budget."
Something like that. I think I will ask for an email and a fax. I think I will also call tomorrow.
Larry
--
Larry at Blogspot "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
sent 8/17/14 FCNL action alert; "From the Left, From the Right: Calls to Demilitarize Ferguson, and America"