sent 9/4/14 Islamic State issues fake tax receipts to keep trade flowing (+)

"Islamic State issues fake tax receipts to keep trade flowing," McClatchy Washington Bureau, September 2, 2014.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/09/03/238508/islamic-state-issues-fake-tax.html

I find that whole setup simply fascinating in the details--another example of truth being stranger than fiction.  And somebody actually thought this up!  Heh.

For collected links to my previous collected insights and authorities on Iraq see "sent 9/3/14 'How America Made ISIS' Re: good guys/bad guys lies and hypocrisy," edited since last night to add one link that I'd omitted, without special emphasis on that one.

Larry
P.S. Fascinating too, though maybe less fascinating, is the fact that that second American journalist that ISIS killed dramatically on a video was an Israeli citizen also--I call that divided loyalty at best--who wrote most for The Jerusalem Report.  ISIS might or might not have known those those things about him.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/09/03/238537/slain-us-journalist-held-israeli.html
Some days all that can be said is, "It's an [interesting] world we live in Master Jack."  [I had to change that quotation a bit as less and less seems strange any more.  Yes new things keep happening, but I seem to be less and less surprised.]
See also "How America Made ISIS," by Tom Engelhardt, September 2, 2014. "......We, however, ignore the virtual library of videos and other imagery the U.S. generated, images widely viewed (or heard about and discussed) with no less horror in the Muslim world than ISIS’s imagery is in ours.....," Mr. Engelhardt says.  Then he lists some of those videos.  You may remember them.  Steven Sotloff's family and friends have my complete sympathy regardless, of course.
And see also, "The Whys Behind the Ukraine Crisis," by Robert Parry, Consortium News, September 3, 2014.

love to all,
Larry
--
Larry at Blogspot "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments

sent 8/17/14 FCNL action alert; "From the Left, From the Right: Calls to Demilitarize Ferguson, and America"
"One of the ways I think about integrity is that one is willing to confront the truth even when it may cause narcissistic injury – i.e. even when it might burst the bubble of a cherished idealistic illusion we have about ourselves or the world."
--
Hanu Man Ji
January 25th, 2011