"To
Avert Climate Chaos, Meat Consumption Must Drop: Study," by Andrea
Germanos, staff writer, Common Dreams, December 3, 2014
(OR easier-to-read print-friendly format link, click)
Thanks to a phone conversation I just had with a farm family adult about this, I looked up Chatham House to see what it is, more than what the article says. I recommend that you do the same. Note that one of the Chatham House roles given is to conduct "independent research and analysis on global, regional and country-specific challenges." That means they hire and pay professional people--specialized scientists, economists, whatever--to do research for them on behalf of their members. The paragraph following in that same section in the Wikipedia article about them describes their membership. You might want to read it for yourself. My impression of them is that they are serious business on many topics including this one.
Note that dairy and meat consumption have been rising. Some people using less dairy and meat might not cause overall consumption to drop. Then again, it just might cause overall consumption to drop. I expect we'll find out, if we care to pay attention.
For some people in my family this is business, as you may recall, serious and central business.
Larry
(OR easier-to-read print-friendly format link, click)
Thanks to a phone conversation I just had with a farm family adult about this, I looked up Chatham House to see what it is, more than what the article says. I recommend that you do the same. Note that one of the Chatham House roles given is to conduct "independent research and analysis on global, regional and country-specific challenges." That means they hire and pay professional people--specialized scientists, economists, whatever--to do research for them on behalf of their members. The paragraph following in that same section in the Wikipedia article about them describes their membership. You might want to read it for yourself. My impression of them is that they are serious business on many topics including this one.
Note that dairy and meat consumption have been rising. Some people using less dairy and meat might not cause overall consumption to drop. Then again, it just might cause overall consumption to drop. I expect we'll find out, if we care to pay attention.
For some people in my family this is business, as you may recall, serious and central business.
Larry