"The
Blog Comment That Achieved an Internet Miracle: A nerd's attempt
to engage feminists—made deep beneath an obscure blog post—spurred
the debaters to recognize their mutual humanity," by Conor
Friedersdorf, The Atlantic, January 23, 2015
This is way too big to summarize. I will say that I can relate, at least to an extent, to the feelings of fear and self-Loathing in puberty that MIT professor Scott Aaronson describes having had as a boy. I too had held liberal, enlightened, feminist ideals since childhood. I was saved from much confusion and misery by moving into a different world when I went to the college at which I began my post-secondary education, purely unknowing as to what I was getting into, believe me when I tell you that. Now you know a major reason why I believe college is important. I might never have escaped otherwise. Please read this piece. It might help.
This is important for its inclusion of the stories of many people, not just one.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/01/the-blog-comment-that-achieved-an-internet-miracle/384539/
Larry
This is way too big to summarize. I will say that I can relate, at least to an extent, to the feelings of fear and self-Loathing in puberty that MIT professor Scott Aaronson describes having had as a boy. I too had held liberal, enlightened, feminist ideals since childhood. I was saved from much confusion and misery by moving into a different world when I went to the college at which I began my post-secondary education, purely unknowing as to what I was getting into, believe me when I tell you that. Now you know a major reason why I believe college is important. I might never have escaped otherwise. Please read this piece. It might help.
This is important for its inclusion of the stories of many people, not just one.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/01/the-blog-comment-that-achieved-an-internet-miracle/384539/
Larry