sent 1/28/15 by The Guardian: "Hope begins today was their mantra’: the inside story of Syriza’s rise to power"

Subject: by The Guardian: "Hope begins today was their mantra’: the inside story of Syriza’s rise to power," by Paul Mason, The Guardian, January 28, 2015

Whatever is going to happen to Greece next, this story is fascinating both overall and in the details. 

You may recall that Greece has been, since the 2008 crash, increasingly under the thumb of the destruction of its social service networks by international bankers, similar to the many stories that Naomi Klein famously told and proved, about smaller countries that we'd barely heard of, in The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism (2008).  Greece is bigger than the places Naomi Klein wrote about, and Greece has some influence in the bigger world, still, I think.  Unlike in Palestine and the Ukraine as well as other places in the world, in Greece the bankers have not, so far, gotten the police and military to take down this new upstart government that just got itself elected.  Fascinating.  I wonder what happens next!  I have always loved Greece.  I have no money to send them, but I wish them the best--whether my wishing them the best them does any good or not. :-7
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/28/greek-people-wrote-history-how-syriza-rose-to-power

Larry