1/27/15 Friend Heather Madrone

Subject: Friend Heather Madrone

I use the word "Friend" in the sense that Heather Madrone is a part of the silent meeting Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).  I have not had the privilege of her personal acquaintance.  I do know from another F/friend that Heather Madrone is a special person.  This site is a new discovery, just today.

A Friend in Need: Striving to be faithful to the light
(link)

"Striving to be faithful to the light" looks like a variation on two other phrases that I have heard used among Friends, "standing in the Light" and "following the Light."  The meaning relates to a strong experience that one can have at certain times, not all the time, of being directly connected to Jesus, God, the Universe, the Light or some Name to use when no words are right.  And no we do not start all sounding the same when we are standing in the Light individually, and, yes, individually is how it is even when some of us might be in the same room together sometimes. :-) 

love,
Larry
--
Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
YouTube: "Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries" (Rudy Vallee, 1931)