Subject: (videos) Interfaith Conference on Drone Warfare at
Princeton Theological Seminary January 23-25, 2015.
From FCNL: "More than 150 religious leaders gathered to attend the Interfaith Conference on Drone Warfare at Princeton Theological Seminary [link added LAS] on January 23-25, 2015. The attendees represented many of the world's religions, and the Just War, Pacifist and Just Peace traditions.
"After two and half days of presentations and conversation, and in full awareness of the differences in our faith traditions and our beliefs about war, the groups came together to issue a statement of recommendations." (LINK to immediate pdf download of the statement)
The statement is much more interesting and complex than you might expect.
One of the seven listed calls upon our government is for the repeal of the "2001 Authorization for the Use of Military Force"--what I asked you to help (HELP) with just earlier (LINK to "just earlier"). By the way, I have just added a number three (3) into the list of background references in "just earlier," to incorporate the material I sent you the other day in "sent 2/5/15 (rev2) *American Sniper*, Wahhabism, and ISIS."
If you are interested, this LINK is to YouTube videos of the different sessions of the conference. The one that I saw recommended but have not (yet) watched is number 2, session 2, "Legal and Policy Issues."
Larry
From FCNL: "More than 150 religious leaders gathered to attend the Interfaith Conference on Drone Warfare at Princeton Theological Seminary [link added LAS] on January 23-25, 2015. The attendees represented many of the world's religions, and the Just War, Pacifist and Just Peace traditions.
"After two and half days of presentations and conversation, and in full awareness of the differences in our faith traditions and our beliefs about war, the groups came together to issue a statement of recommendations." (LINK to immediate pdf download of the statement)
The statement is much more interesting and complex than you might expect.
One of the seven listed calls upon our government is for the repeal of the "2001 Authorization for the Use of Military Force"--what I asked you to help (HELP) with just earlier (LINK to "just earlier"). By the way, I have just added a number three (3) into the list of background references in "just earlier," to incorporate the material I sent you the other day in "sent 2/5/15 (rev2) *American Sniper*, Wahhabism, and ISIS."
If you are interested, this LINK is to YouTube videos of the different sessions of the conference. The one that I saw recommended but have not (yet) watched is number 2, session 2, "Legal and Policy Issues."
Larry