sent 2/13/15 "Congress torn over Obama war power request"; what I wrote the gov't Re: ACTION PLEASE, call/write Congressperson, please don't be worn out yet: President sent new war resolution to Congress NO NO NO

First, here is what I wrote to my Congresspeople, Senators and House Representative.  I used the (totally personal but also efficient) action link that the FCNL provides, to send an email.  I think I am going to go back and send this same thing as a personal paper letter, which is another service the FCNL provides free to any and all.  Feel free to steal my words if you like.  There are also three quite different texts provided at the link.  You can mix and match or write your own as I ended up doing.

-------sent to officials 2/12/2015---------
Please repeal the 2001 Authorization for the Use of Military Force and say NAY to the new bill that would authorize military force force against the Islamic State. 

Everyone who is not making money one way or another from military action says military action in this situation can ONLY make things worse.  I believe them.

Thank you for your efforts.  I hope and pray that you have the power to look at the situation with clear eyes, ignoring any and all military-related campaign contributors in this case.
Here is a great article that outlines some of the discussion from different sides in the Federal administration and Congress about this bill the President offered a couple of days ago now, the bill about military action against the Islamic State in the Middle East and wherever they might go to escape if the American military forces could force them into wanting to move to somewhere else that is not adjacent, something that does not seem to be the Wahhabis' point so far.  From the point of view of experts from outside the military business, there are other things besides using military force that Americans might try, the big problem being that any American will be viewed with intense suspicion and seen by many as part of the problem in that part of the world, because of the many many years of evil for which American money--tax dollars and otherwise--and other American power have been responsible up to and including the present.  I would say that that statement is not clearly made in this article.  McClatchy has a great reputation for being more honest and more discerning than most newspaper conglomerates, but McClatchy is still a huge conglomerate selling its individual city major newspapers in parts of the country where too many people and/or some especially powerful people tend to be terrified authoritarian personality (Wikipedia link) types.
"Congress torn over Obama war power request," By Lesley Clark and William Douglas, McClatchy Washington Bureau, February 11, 2015

Larry

On 2/12/2015 4:57 PM, Larry Scott wrote:
[for text see LINK sent 2/12/15 ACTION PLEASE, call/write Congressperson, please don't be worn out yet: President sent new war resolution to Congress NO NO NO]