sent 2/14/15 "Population of the World," by friend-of-friend scientist Tom Snell

Subject: "Population of the World," by friend-of-friend scientist Tom Snell

I wrote yesterday about Mr. Tom Snell. [LINK]

I am not a scientist.  Not really.  My mind just has limits in that direction, the direction of understanding everything that has been learned so far, the progress that has been made in narrow parts of fields such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Computers, even at one of the universities that have reputations for being easier than some others.  I have tried, so I do know.  The very best I am able to do is to rely on simplified reports from the colleagues of scientists that I might happen across, other scientists who understand the first ones.  True, scholarly majorities have sometimes been flat-out wrong, such as with the thing awhile back about the universe, including the sun, revolving around the earth.   Even so, the best the rest of us can do is to look as best we can to see what respect various scientists get from their colleagues.

I happen to be blessed with a wife who is a scientist--one with an actual four year degree in Biology from an institution that is known nationally as very very difficult.  And I know her well.  And she is a personal friend of Tom Snell.  And she has said recently that she is honored to know him.  I have not met him.  For one thing, they reside 3,000 miles from me.

All that is to encourage you to take a very hard look at the article, "Population of the World," (LINK) by friend-of-friend well-recognized scientist Tom Snell.  What he says fits with what we already know but with some new and major insights that you are not likely to enjoy but which you might want to take into account in your personal planning in one or more ways along with everything else.  Or not.  I have informed you in the past of some serious suggestions like this.  This is the strongest suggestion so far.  It has facts and conclusions that I can actually follow and understand.  Note that it's a very personal story that I am pointing you to here.  Tom Snell talks about his own beloved children and grandchildren.

love,
Larry