sent 2/9/15 book recommendation *American Reckoning: The Vietnam War and Our National Identity* February 5, 2015, by Christian G. Appy

Subject: book recommendation *American Reckoning: The Vietnam War and Our National Identity* February 5, 2015, by Christian G. Appy  http://www.amazon.com/dp/0670025399/

One review: In “American Reckoning” Mr. Appy’s fluent and broad command of history allow him to give a brilliant, compelling account of a tragic war that still haunts America today. Indeed, I question whether most Americans have the courage to fully acknowledge the terrible truths that Mr. Appy’s book reveals. But I am convinced that for every American who does, our nation stands a better chance of obtaining some semblance of real, rather than mythical, American exceptionalism. For this reason, Mr. Apply’s book is tremendously important. --Alex Green, February 8, 2015 {emphasis added-LAS}

Larry
P.S. While we are on the subject of Vietnam here is another recent book that is highly recommended if you have a strong stomach.

I knew there was a reason we had a problem with the concept of joining the military and going to Vietnam.  I've just been reading the reviews of this book.  We knew a little back then, just not the full extent of some downright evil that should never ever happen.  I have read many news articles by Nick Turse over years and have found him authoritative, which is to say that his news has fit in with the news of other authorities with whom I am familiar from reading their material.
Kill Anything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam (American Empire Project), by Nick Turse (January 15, 2013)
http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Anything-That-Moves-American/dp/0805086919?ie=UTF8&n=283155&ref_=dp_proddesc_0&s=books&showDetailProductDesc=1#iframe-wrapper
That link is to show the page that includes the editorial reviews.  I see that Amazon has arranged the editorial reviews to put first the one and only editorial review that is negative.