sent 3/24/15 almost miraculous, seriously, yet another one: big inspirations from Brian, Sunday March 22, 2015 at Honeoye United Church of Christ

I kid you not.  Brian got off to a fast start Sunday morning [March 22, 2015] (click link to see and click left triangular Play button, audio only)
There is also an optional instant download link for your mp3 player or something: Brian Krause-inspired-Scripture and Sermon Written on the Heart UCC Honeoye 3-22-2015.mp3

I, Larry A. Scott, say, let our hearts, all of our hearts be among those that are on fire, our hearts on fire, to pluck out the nut from Brian's first buildup, the first nut for me anyway. :-)  Later came from Brian, paraphrasing, "Think in terms of letting God, by whatever name or no name--no name being one of the old traditions--come out rather than God struggling to get in."

There was more.  A lot more.  It began centered around the mythologies having to do with the human heart, and I think you probably know them at least to recognize them, as I do.  The Scripture Reading by someone other than Brian was about the prophet Jeremiah.*   Brian went on with Jeremiah, and it was most interesting hearing what Brian had to say about Jeremiah.  Then he went on further.  I started to try to write more of it, but nope, I could not do any summarizing. 

I do hope you will listen when you can relax for 26 minutes.

The Children's Talk is out there also.  The children got into it, coming up with things that might be written on their hearts.  It is quite beautiful.  It is the same place Sunday morning [March 22, 2015] but click the Play button to the right when you get there.  Three minutes.  The optional instant download link for the children for your mp3 player or something is: Children's talk UCC Honeoye 3-22-2015.mp3

Except for one difference, listening hard, very hard to Brian once again, I felt that everything that came out of his mouth Sunday could have come out of the mouth of a great speaker with a background in Quakerism as taught by the silent meeting branch, which is the main branch of Quakerism that I know about--and that my mind works in more of the time than it does in a designated human leaders context--and that my father turned to for a long time after I was already an adult away from home.  I mean he, a former minister, joined a silent meeting with no ministers and no structured services at all on Sunday mornings beyond settling down together and ending an hour later.  I mean one or two of the Friends I have known in my life could have spoken the way Brian did right down to the use of language.  There could well be a long time Jungian or two among them, even.  I do not mean that I have ever before heard what Brian said, but I am saying that it could have happened, there being some great speakers among Friends.  Friends have no problem following traditional Biblical language despite having a number of individual differences in ways of speaking about some important things including some non-Biblical-sounding ways.

This leads to being able to click and open the audio Play buttons for the same two corresponding pieces of the fabulous March 15, 2015 service:
sent 3/20/15 big inspirations from Brian, Sunday March 15, 2015 at Honeoye United Church of Christ [LINK]

This goes to something I sent you just earlier today that was inspired by Brian's sermon of this past Sunday:
sent 3/24/15 "sin" and "guilt," an unnecessary and counterproductive concept [LINK]
That one was me talking, no one else.

Brian is Brian Krause of the United Church of Christ in Holcomb.  He prefers to be called just Brian.  He is a strong and healthy 65 years old and is retiring in October of this year after a solid 35 years of service.  I have the impression that he is pulling it all together, changing and adding somethings and reaching a peak for this church for now.  Brian says he plans to spend some time with his family, do some other things, and possibly after awhile become an Interim Minister for churches that have lost their minister and on while they are getting over the shock of that and then going through the process finding a new one.  That can and often does take two or three years, so being inspiring through all that can be a hugely important job as you might know or might be able to guess.  Full videos of the services from which came the above audio clips as well as others going back for some time are at Honeoye United Church of Christ Worship Service Videos [LINK]. 
--------------
* Are you ready for an old totally personal true story?  I once went for a week with my wife to the Friends (Quaker) Retreat Center on the eastern end of New York state.  It was to experience an official Encounter Group, with two (2) professional trained leaders, even.  It was a life-changing experience for me, but that is another story, and a long one.  This one is short: One thing that it was strongly suggested that we all do right at the beginning, signing in, was to pick a different name for the week and call ourselves that and have everybody else there call us that for the week.  I chose the name Jeremiah.  I just liked the sound of it.  Until someone got around to mentioning it a day or few later I had no clue of anything at all about the Biblical Jeremiah. lol  I do still think the name Jeremiah has a ring to it. :-)

Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid.  If you are not doing it you can do it.  Other people are doing it.  We can learn from them, I find.