Subject: From "8 Essential Lessons We Learned From the Vietnam
Antiwar Movement" to the great Seymour (Sy) Hersh on Saudi Arabia
"8 Essential Lessons We Learned From the Vietnam Antiwar Movement," by David Cortright, Director of Policy Studies at the Kroc Institute of Notre Dame University, May 10, 2015
....2. The paradigm of the Cold War was wrong: Vietnam was not an arm of the Soviet Union, China and the ‘international communist conspiracy.’ It was a communist-led nationalist revolutionary movement with deep popular roots. The same error is made today when the generals and media speak of stopping ‘international terrorism.’ The violence in Iraq and other countries springs at first from local and national grievances against corrupt oligarchs, many of whom are supported by the US and multinational corporations. US intervention cannot prevent these insurgencies and may even add fuel to their flames.....
I and some of my best friends have known these things because we were awake and aware at that time. I told you a bit about that rather recently. If you were not there and awake in the 60's and 70's, then please please learn these things and get them memorized, because that might protect you against some of the war and fossil fuels industries propaganda of today, twisting history upside down for the benefit of the biggest global businesses of today, as they do.
I've got another deep and pithy summary coming on the war in Iraq. It goes along with a great book I've been reading, State of War: The Secret History of the CIA and the Bush Administration (2006), by James Risen. James Risen refused to admit who gave him any of his information, but CIA agent Jeffery Sterling (ExposeFacts article) was just sentenced to 42 months in prison for having given James Risen some of his information (Nation article). State of War is a truly great book, with lots of stuff I did not know, on top of lots of stuff that I did know and told you some of as it all went along. So CIA agent Jeffery Sterling is a hero in my eyes along with our other historic brave heroes who did important things. Please please read and learn these things and get them memorized, because that might protect you against some of the war industry propaganda of today, twisting history upside down for the benefit of the biggest global businesses of today, as they do.
Why would you want to protect yourself against war industry propaganda? Well, if you are going to support leaders who are simple savages and who know that they are simple savages and if you're going to support simple savagery on the parts of members of your tribe, all for the sake what you perceive as important for your lifestyle, then you want to know what it is exactly that you are advocating for, right? It is greed, very clearly, plain and simple, given the facts, facts like 2 + 2 =. I am assuming that the correct answer to that equation is the same for all or almost all the popular philosophies, or at least for those with the intelligence to solve it. Any "redeeming social value" in any of these things is created by business people just as Hollywood movies are created, just to try to encourage you to feel better (and also to shop more, of course). But we don't any of us want to be hypocrites, now do we? Do we? Yes I do keep warm and use the Internet too. And I like myself most of the time. Unconditionally. So make sense of that. I guess it means that I too am a savage even though I've never hurt anybody physically.
No I am not being judgmental. The state of your soul is completely your own concern, if you think you have a soul. I make no claim to knowing what is best for you. I am pretty sure that you believing and repeating lies is bad for me, because people lying makes my life more difficult. I don't even have to hear about it directly for lying to have that effect.
While you are learning facts about wars, please memorize the facts about the U.S. record in Afghanistan and Yemen as they are set forth in some Real News videos that I linked you to on May 3rd. They have it correct and will also protect you from U.S. and global corporation propaganda designed to make you feel better about savage destruction and thievery for the sake of our American lifestyles.
Finally, Seymour Hersh lays bare some facts about the killing of Osama bin Laden (May 21, 2015 London Review of Books article link) and about why the true facts have been kept so secret. It seems that part of it has to do with our buddies the Pakistanis having been paid by the our friends Saudis not to let Osama bin Laden embarrass our "friends" the Saudis by talking about their activities with al-Qaida. "Because the last thing they want is to have the Americans go interrogate Osama bin Laden about who was giving him money back in '01 when he took down New York and Washington" (TRRN video and article link). You do know that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, right? That review, about the war on Iraq, is coming soon, as I said. Attacking Iraq and supporting Saudi Arabia are all about the simple savages of the U.S. and global war and fossil fuels industries wanting to pump and sell as much as they possibly can in the shortest possible term--not to mention their desires and the desires of their friends to gain from stealing the land of people who have fewer and much smaller weapons, for other things in addition to oil, gas, and coal, such as water and agriculture.
Here is a recent one month search on "Seymour Hersh." As you can see from the results there has been a lot of controversy about that May 21, 2015 London Review of Books article, and he is sticking by his story. Seymour Hersh became famous and won a Pulitzer prize for reporting on the Mai Lai massacre during the Vietnam war (Wikipedia link).
I think we might at least stop expecting our victims to appreciate us. And now that women are equal, women are equally responsible, as beautiful as they are, for the direction in which our policies take us--even if they too play ostrich and believe the lies of the big global business people about what is going on and why. Right???
Me? I'm mostly retired these days except for spending time giving you facts just in case you might want to do more than I am able to do otherwise.
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
"There's No Such Thing as a Slut" [at least not if she's got the money] well that's what it says :-) - The Atlantic LINK And no I am not implying anything about anybody, believe me!!! I believe in equality as concerns dressing as one likes whether it's "the same as everyone else" or the same as no one else. Just do please try not to get killed by people who would like to control you or compete with you, at least not by accident. :-)
"8 Essential Lessons We Learned From the Vietnam Antiwar Movement," by David Cortright, Director of Policy Studies at the Kroc Institute of Notre Dame University, May 10, 2015
....2. The paradigm of the Cold War was wrong: Vietnam was not an arm of the Soviet Union, China and the ‘international communist conspiracy.’ It was a communist-led nationalist revolutionary movement with deep popular roots. The same error is made today when the generals and media speak of stopping ‘international terrorism.’ The violence in Iraq and other countries springs at first from local and national grievances against corrupt oligarchs, many of whom are supported by the US and multinational corporations. US intervention cannot prevent these insurgencies and may even add fuel to their flames.....
I and some of my best friends have known these things because we were awake and aware at that time. I told you a bit about that rather recently. If you were not there and awake in the 60's and 70's, then please please learn these things and get them memorized, because that might protect you against some of the war and fossil fuels industries propaganda of today, twisting history upside down for the benefit of the biggest global businesses of today, as they do.
I've got another deep and pithy summary coming on the war in Iraq. It goes along with a great book I've been reading, State of War: The Secret History of the CIA and the Bush Administration (2006), by James Risen. James Risen refused to admit who gave him any of his information, but CIA agent Jeffery Sterling (ExposeFacts article) was just sentenced to 42 months in prison for having given James Risen some of his information (Nation article). State of War is a truly great book, with lots of stuff I did not know, on top of lots of stuff that I did know and told you some of as it all went along. So CIA agent Jeffery Sterling is a hero in my eyes along with our other historic brave heroes who did important things. Please please read and learn these things and get them memorized, because that might protect you against some of the war industry propaganda of today, twisting history upside down for the benefit of the biggest global businesses of today, as they do.
Why would you want to protect yourself against war industry propaganda? Well, if you are going to support leaders who are simple savages and who know that they are simple savages and if you're going to support simple savagery on the parts of members of your tribe, all for the sake what you perceive as important for your lifestyle, then you want to know what it is exactly that you are advocating for, right? It is greed, very clearly, plain and simple, given the facts, facts like 2 + 2 =. I am assuming that the correct answer to that equation is the same for all or almost all the popular philosophies, or at least for those with the intelligence to solve it. Any "redeeming social value" in any of these things is created by business people just as Hollywood movies are created, just to try to encourage you to feel better (and also to shop more, of course). But we don't any of us want to be hypocrites, now do we? Do we? Yes I do keep warm and use the Internet too. And I like myself most of the time. Unconditionally. So make sense of that. I guess it means that I too am a savage even though I've never hurt anybody physically.
No I am not being judgmental. The state of your soul is completely your own concern, if you think you have a soul. I make no claim to knowing what is best for you. I am pretty sure that you believing and repeating lies is bad for me, because people lying makes my life more difficult. I don't even have to hear about it directly for lying to have that effect.
While you are learning facts about wars, please memorize the facts about the U.S. record in Afghanistan and Yemen as they are set forth in some Real News videos that I linked you to on May 3rd. They have it correct and will also protect you from U.S. and global corporation propaganda designed to make you feel better about savage destruction and thievery for the sake of our American lifestyles.
Finally, Seymour Hersh lays bare some facts about the killing of Osama bin Laden (May 21, 2015 London Review of Books article link) and about why the true facts have been kept so secret. It seems that part of it has to do with our buddies the Pakistanis having been paid by the our friends Saudis not to let Osama bin Laden embarrass our "friends" the Saudis by talking about their activities with al-Qaida. "Because the last thing they want is to have the Americans go interrogate Osama bin Laden about who was giving him money back in '01 when he took down New York and Washington" (TRRN video and article link). You do know that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, right? That review, about the war on Iraq, is coming soon, as I said. Attacking Iraq and supporting Saudi Arabia are all about the simple savages of the U.S. and global war and fossil fuels industries wanting to pump and sell as much as they possibly can in the shortest possible term--not to mention their desires and the desires of their friends to gain from stealing the land of people who have fewer and much smaller weapons, for other things in addition to oil, gas, and coal, such as water and agriculture.
Here is a recent one month search on "Seymour Hersh." As you can see from the results there has been a lot of controversy about that May 21, 2015 London Review of Books article, and he is sticking by his story. Seymour Hersh became famous and won a Pulitzer prize for reporting on the Mai Lai massacre during the Vietnam war (Wikipedia link).
I think we might at least stop expecting our victims to appreciate us. And now that women are equal, women are equally responsible, as beautiful as they are, for the direction in which our policies take us--even if they too play ostrich and believe the lies of the big global business people about what is going on and why. Right???
Me? I'm mostly retired these days except for spending time giving you facts just in case you might want to do more than I am able to do otherwise.
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
"There's No Such Thing as a Slut" [at least not if she's got the money] well that's what it says :-) - The Atlantic LINK And no I am not implying anything about anybody, believe me!!! I believe in equality as concerns dressing as one likes whether it's "the same as everyone else" or the same as no one else. Just do please try not to get killed by people who would like to control you or compete with you, at least not by accident. :-)