Subject: Being both realistic and spiritual, what are the real hopes
these days?
Cornel West, Eddie Conway and Rev. Sekou on Building a Mass Movement, May 18, 2015.
These are three of the smartest people on the planet, in the opinions of rather high numbers of people. Dr. West and Mr. Eddie Conway are 61 and 69 years of age respectively but still active. Rev. Sekou is younger and is extremely active. They are in general agreement on the biggest things that are happening. They have different perspectives, naturally, because of their very different life experiences. I will not attempt to presume to summarize this video beyond that the four people in it discuss and address the question: "Being both realistic and spiritual, what are the real hopes these days?"
That is my assessment of what the discussion is about. You will not find those words either in the video or in its description on the TRRN site.
You might remember Dr. Cornel West from his participation in an intense two-way debate that took place in the Friends Meetinghouse at Swarthmore College on February 14th of last year. If you don't remember it, the video of that is easily found (link).
Love to all for this weekend. It looks as though some family and I will be having a great time. I trust that you can manage to find yourself something fun to do. :-)
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid. If you are not doing it you can do it. Other people are doing it. We can learn from them, I find.
Cornel West, Eddie Conway and Rev. Sekou on Building a Mass Movement, May 18, 2015.
These are three of the smartest people on the planet, in the opinions of rather high numbers of people. Dr. West and Mr. Eddie Conway are 61 and 69 years of age respectively but still active. Rev. Sekou is younger and is extremely active. They are in general agreement on the biggest things that are happening. They have different perspectives, naturally, because of their very different life experiences. I will not attempt to presume to summarize this video beyond that the four people in it discuss and address the question: "Being both realistic and spiritual, what are the real hopes these days?"
That is my assessment of what the discussion is about. You will not find those words either in the video or in its description on the TRRN site.
You might remember Dr. Cornel West from his participation in an intense two-way debate that took place in the Friends Meetinghouse at Swarthmore College on February 14th of last year. If you don't remember it, the video of that is easily found (link).
Love to all for this weekend. It looks as though some family and I will be having a great time. I trust that you can manage to find yourself something fun to do. :-)
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid. If you are not doing it you can do it. Other people are doing it. We can learn from them, I find.