sent 01/18/16 Subject: #1 new all-format book release, the hidden story of the Koch brothers, by Jane Mayer (+ "political" footnote)

Subject: #1 new all-format book release, the hidden story of the Koch brothers, by Jane Mayer (+ "political" footnote)

Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right, (audio book, kindle, hardcover, large print paperback), January 19, 2016 (Amazon link)

It is not clear to me just why the Koch brothers' propaganda machine is not just answering the statement that their father Fred was an essential part of building an oil refinery for Hitler in 1935 with, "Yeah, so?"  But they do not seem to be sticking with that. 

The fact that the Koch brothers were seriously abused children seems to me more telling.

Anyway there is lots more to Jane Mayer's book.
http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/inside-new-book-thats-giving-koch-brothers-heart-attack

With the furor that has been going on over this new book I got to see Rachel Maddow again.  Rachel Maddow is very sharp and loads of fun.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TGD9R8lhZEw*

In addition to the link to Rachel Maddow's new comments about Jane Mayer's new book, in this article there are lots of other links to various parts of the furor that has just been going on over it: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1/13/1469288/--Koch-Propaganda-Machine-Tries-Unsuccessfully-to-Discredit-Jane-Mayer-again

Larry
*If you are following politics there is an interesting commentary in the video that, if you let it play on, follows after the one with Rachel Maddow on YouTube.  From that I learned that if one subtracted from his following those who believe that President Obama is a Muslim and/or that President Obama is not an American citizen then Donald Trump's poll numbers would be around 10 percent.  I think that's according to some survey, not just rhetoric.  I am mostly not bothering with politics, at least not yet, but I think that tidbit is somewhat interesting.  That fact fits right in with a 2005 book by respected scholar Robert Jensen, The Heart of Whiteness: Confronting Race, Racism and White Privilege. (Amazon link)  (Amazon link to customer reviews)  I have said before that I am a racist deep inside.  But I hope that I would never allow myself to tell gross falsehoods like the notion that President Obama is a Muslim or that he is not an American citizen.