sent 11/11/16 Trump--the hugest thing to cheer about

My two biggest concerns about our nation and the world have been the policies about global heating and about warmongering, not necessarily in that order.  Of course I have other concerns as well, but those two tower over everything else.

There is no good news about policies related to the rapid global heating that is going on.

But there is GREAT news about anticipated changes to our nation's warmongering.  This might be better than I had dared to spend much time dreaming of, really.  You know all about that if you have read just a couple of my past messages.

"Syrian opposition left with nowhere to turn after Trump's victory: US president-elect likely to endorse Russia’s policy of bombing rebels to the negotiating table," by  Martin Chulov, theguardian, November 11, 2016.

I very much doubt that it is entirely accurate to say that President-elect Trump is "likely to 'endorse' Russia's policy of bombing rebels to the negotiating table."  But that is not the point at all.  The point is that two wrongs have not made and will not make a right.  For the U.S. to make a turnaround and stop spending huge resources in trying to depose a foreign government for the selfish purposes of those who make a lot of money at that sort of thing, and of some who have a religious interest in pushing for the expansion of the borders of Israel, would be a great thing.  Syria has a legal government even though President Assad might have almost as bad a reputation among some as does President-elect Donald Trump.  Syria has had a formal relationship with Russia for many years as a protectorate, I believe since well before the United States started pushing its way in.  I am a bit uncertain as to when it was that the United States started pushing its way in.  It may have been in the 1940s.  See "An Urgently Necessary Briefing on Syria," by Gary Leupp, CounterPunch, October 14, 2016, link first sent to you on October 18th.

Overall, I think that what is outlined in the article dated today from theguardian would reduce the violence and the killing overall even if it would not help the desires of people who are known as super-aggressive Israel leaders to "keep the grass mowed."  We will see how it all develops.  There are many people involved, referring mainly to the powerful people, some members of the Federal government, some in the military, and some in the war materials and the banking industries.

I do wish the all the best for all of the U.S. veterans, most especially for those who have come home.

You might want to take note of the fact that I will be adding another link inside of http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2015/01/sent-11115-one-way-or-another-raise.html.  It is to the Sunday November 6, 2016 sermon by Rev. J.K. Boody, two days before the election.  "UCC Honeoye 11-6-2016 Worship Service: Why No Flags"  The sermon starts at 46:16.  There is a lot there for Bible scholars, even for us amateurs.  I characterize its main theme as being about speaking truth to power.

love,
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; get over fear.  If you are not doing it you can do it.  Other people are doing it.  We can learn from them, I find.