Subject: 2009 movie
Collapse, with Michael Ruppert. 1hour 23 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPL2CReZaHI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Roger Ebert review:
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/collapse-2009
One of the reviewers on YouTube said just yesterday:
"there´s nothing I could add.
"It completely overlaps with my observations. not nearly as good as his though. the man has a sharp mind."
I would say the same thing, adding that Mr. Ruppert's sharp mind has much to do with his life experiences. Over the past eight or nine years I have sent links to articles that cover many of the things Mike Ruppert talks about, including many of the things Roger Ebert mentioned. Mr. Ruppert talks about how money works, about the fractional reserve system mandating continuing economic growth and about mandatory economic growth clashing with finite resources. The fact of finite resources wins. Everything manufactured involves oil. It's not just about running our cars, it's about building our cars and everything else. He talks about the President being about as trapped as anybody. He talks about all the traditional economic systems and political philosophies including both capitalism and socialism being obsolete now, by reason of having become increasingly unrealistic in our new reality. The possibility of any of them feeding everyone becomes more and more remote. He reviews stages of dealing with the kind of reality we are dealing with now, denial, anger, depression, and acceptance. Nearing the end he talks about smiling and doing what we can do. If we know how to build lifeboats then build lifeboats. This is a vast film and, as Roger Ebert said in his review, there seems to be absolutely no bs. Even if you find that some of this is review for you, I think you will find that the way it is put together, the way Michael Ruppert puts it together, presents a clearer picture.
I don't like this either, even if I may have less time to live with it than you do. Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm not ready to die yet. :-)
Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPL2CReZaHI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Roger Ebert review:
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/collapse-2009
One of the reviewers on YouTube said just yesterday:
"there´s nothing I could add.
"It completely overlaps with my observations. not nearly as good as his though. the man has a sharp mind."
I would say the same thing, adding that Mr. Ruppert's sharp mind has much to do with his life experiences. Over the past eight or nine years I have sent links to articles that cover many of the things Mike Ruppert talks about, including many of the things Roger Ebert mentioned. Mr. Ruppert talks about how money works, about the fractional reserve system mandating continuing economic growth and about mandatory economic growth clashing with finite resources. The fact of finite resources wins. Everything manufactured involves oil. It's not just about running our cars, it's about building our cars and everything else. He talks about the President being about as trapped as anybody. He talks about all the traditional economic systems and political philosophies including both capitalism and socialism being obsolete now, by reason of having become increasingly unrealistic in our new reality. The possibility of any of them feeding everyone becomes more and more remote. He reviews stages of dealing with the kind of reality we are dealing with now, denial, anger, depression, and acceptance. Nearing the end he talks about smiling and doing what we can do. If we know how to build lifeboats then build lifeboats. This is a vast film and, as Roger Ebert said in his review, there seems to be absolutely no bs. Even if you find that some of this is review for you, I think you will find that the way it is put together, the way Michael Ruppert puts it together, presents a clearer picture.
I don't like this either, even if I may have less time to live with it than you do. Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm not ready to die yet. :-)
Larry
--
Please try to think of everything I send as intended to contribute toward a whole, a general picture of reality, with pieces that may need some putting together.
Please try to think of everything I send as intended to contribute toward a whole, a general picture of reality, with pieces that may need some putting together.