sent 6/19/14 Robert Parry (turning on more lights in the big picture simultaneously) "Obama at a Crossroad of War or Peace"

Subject: Robert Parry (turning on more lights in the big picture simultaneously) "Obama at a Crossroad of War or Peace,"* Consortium News, June 18, 2014

If you've been reading the same news I have over the past 15 years or so then you are likely to recognize everything that is in this new analysis by Robert Parry.*  You will recall my having recommended his book,  America's Stolen Narrative: From Washington and Madison to Nixon, Reagan and the Bushes to Obama (2012), which I am still reading.  Mr. Parry has vast knowledge together with a knack for keeping many things together in his head all at once, with admirable understandings of different major points of view on many of the bigger contests that are going on in the world.

In this new article he makes rather clear the choice that "we" (President Obama and the military business conglomerate) are in the process of making right now, war or peace. 

The framing of this choice is likely to offend some people.  I don't know what to try to do about that except either lie or keep my mouth shut.  I have the ability to keep my mouth shut, but I think it is important for everyone to know these things, really.

I have to say, it looks to me as though Robert Parry gets a bit fanciful near the end, about Israel, American Zionists (Jewish and Christian), and Palestine.  But hey, as he says, America needs for one or another solution between people in those places to happen in order for things to calm down somehow in a much bigger geographical area, not just in those three relatively limited territories, Israel and the two parts of Palestine.  Again, that's at the very end.

I am sure you remember or can find some of my messages about the progressing (downward for most people) U.S. financial situation.  The $ for more U.S. military activity would come out of our pockets one way or another.  In your household you have got extra for that that still, I am sure. :-7

For some of my recent messages with resources on Iraq, Libya, and the Ukraine, archived, see:
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2014/06/sent-61713-interview-with-atheel.html
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2014/06/sent-61614-iraq-maybe-all-you-need.html
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2014/06/sent-61514-about-libya-another-place.html
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2014/05/sent-52614-china-russia-gas-deal-major.html
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com/2014/05/sent-5314-its-not-russia-thats-pushed.html

love,
Larry
* alternate link to "Obama at a Crossroad of War or Peace, by Robert Parry, CommonDreams print version.
--
http://larryatblogspot.blogspot.com
"undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
You don’t have to be tough to be brave.
--Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)