Just got a very short reply from Anon to the message just
below. Some of my "undisclosed recipients" are people with whom I
have had little previous contact, and Anon is one. S/he
said, and this was all of it:
Larry
"You can't really be serious!!"I have replied privately. This is what I said:
Dear <Anon>,
I assure you, I can be serious and am serious with every word I say even when I am smiling, as now, and even when I am joking. I do not ever engage in jokes that turn the truth upside down unless I announce within 7 seconds that I was joking. That's the way I am, and that is a promise that you can take to the bank.
On the other hand I do find rather regularly that I have written something that was ambiguous in a way that I did not anticipate. So it is possible that the thought about which you are wondering, whatever it is, is some interpretation of yours that simply has not occurred to me and won't occur to me until you point it out.
[T]here also ... may be particular statements with which I disagree in things [I cite that are] written by others. I don't always take time to point [out those smaller disagreements], especially since most of my audience that I know about would already know about me and those things [and also because I might not have noticed]. You can feel free to ask, civilly of course. :-)love,
Larry
On 6/30/2014 2:06 PM, Larry Scott
wrote:
Subject: Help BEFORE MIDNIGHT 6/30 Alan Grayson (Wikipedia link), Al Franken (Wikipedia link), Sherrod Brown (Wikipedia link), before midnight 6/30
--one or the other or all three PLEASE--however much you can BECAUSE those three are people who matter:
I am not a currently a member of a political party nor am I currently affiliated with any organization but the silent meeting branch of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) (Wikipedia link), who had been around in America for quite awhile before there were such things as Whigs in the United States, before there was a United States, even, much less Republicans or Democrats.
That said, I think these three are important guys to have in the government. I want to help them all I can, which isn't much since I don't have much money myself. Perhaps you would help me help them.
1. The Right Wing Attacks Me Relentlessly – Out of Fear," by Alan Grayson, Daily Kos, June 29, 2014
Most interesting article, has help link.
2. Al Franken for Senate 2014 (from Emily Mellencamp Smith
Finance Director) help link
3. Sherrod Brown help link
Thanks! AND PLEASE TAKE THIS VIRAL TODAY IF YOU CAN, NO LATER.
love,
Larry
background but please don't wait to help while you bring yourself up to date on all this. I have sent everything before except the new article by Professor Joseph Stiglitz, one of the big economists. Scroll down for that one.
"1. Fox News Must Die;...." 6/15/2014
"something I wrote to Andy Schmookler: strong tendency with Republican minions' ideas" 4/29/2014
"4 min on-line VIDEO "what the federal Republican Party has become" Dr. Andrew Bard (Andy) Schmookler SPEAKS" 3/28/2014
New data makes more specific Dr. Schmookler's statement that "never in living memory has has inequality ever been greater in the United States than it is now." Specifically, inequality is almost as great now as it was in 1928, the time of our greatest inequality just before the crash. That year [1928] the top 1 percent had 23.9 percent of the country's total income, compared with 22.5 percent in 2012-- Joseph Stiglitz, Politico, July/August. Joseph Eugene Stiglitz is one of the big guys (Wikipedia link).
"on class warfare" 4/23/2014
"The Reason Republicans Love War So Much'" 4/1/2014
"several interesting conversations-THIS IS ABOUT PEOPLE Re: [.....IV: The Spirit of War]" 5/23/14
"2013 Study Says Republicans Lie 3 Times As Often As Democrats," May 21, 2014
"'Conservatives Don't Deny Climate Science Because They're Ignorant. They Deny It Because of Who They Are.'" 6/28/14