sent 2/16/15 "Answers for Creationists"

I know, just what you've always wanted, "Answers for Creationists." [LINK]  It's a super-great article by a very obviously  super-smart man,  Phil Plait, "astronomer, public speaker, science evangelizer, and author of Death From the Skies!"  Technically this particular article by Phil Plait refers to a subset of Creationism that is referred to technically as "Young Creationism," a term you may recall.  Young Creationists include the concept of God having gotten most of it done inside of seven days and all with some time period that started less than 10,000 years back from today's date. 

I see that (Dr.) Plait even claims to have a Ph.D., and no doubt he does, one that he earned with a lot of hard hard work.   He gives totally straight answers to 22 tricky questions that he says activist creationists are trained to memorize and to ask those who will admit to "believing in" science and evolution.  There are many reference links where more information can be found than he has, or we have either, time for, those who don't personally really have a burning question on topic of science and evolution.  That includes both 1) some very religious people whose personal and/or institutional religions incorporate science and at least the theoretical willingness to learn some of the results of ongoing science experiments, along with 2) some atheists as well.  My strong impression is that the set of those who are not "creationists" and who DO believe in learning through the process known as the scientific method is NOT comprised mostly of avowed atheists.  This is serious science but you might be able to learn a bit more science of you happen to be interested for whatever reason including no reason.

I happen to be personally acquainted with only one person whom I believe I know to be one of those "creationists."  She is an otherwise very lovely  female cousin, the mother of some lucky children.  Let me say that she is not one of those who is likely to see this, so she personally is not the point here. There might be others, but if so I might not know.  It is just a topic that has seemed not to need discussing in the family, because they know I'm "hopeless," and I am not totally evangelical when it comes to religion.

But I have seen evidence on line of the existence of "creationists."  There might be some among our national leadership, in fact.  That's bad, because they have that and whatever goes with it getting in the way of some important possible solutions to serious problems.

So here you go, now you know, and perhaps you will have some occasion arise wherein it is important to talk about these things a bit seriously if only for the sake of truth and personal honesty/honor.

"Answers for Creationists" [LINK], by Phil Plait, Ph.D., February 6, 2014.

Larry