sent 4/2/15 #3 from Brian; linking my Quakerism to Brian's Jungian Christianity

I have sent you links to the audio of two recent sermons 1, 2, by Brian, who is in his 35th and final year as the minister of the Honeoye United Church of Christ.  He will be retiring this October.

This third sermon was given on Palm Sunday, March 29, 2015, a big event in many Christian denominations including the United Church of Christ.  It is, I think, a sermon that builds on at least the two previous ones I have sent you.  One thing I learned for the first time is that the word "Hallelujah" means "Save us."  I do not want to try to interpret Brian.  I just want to recommend that you try to hear him as someone the like of whom you are not likely to have heard before, even though you may think you know those stories.  You can click this ge.tt link to see and then to click the triangular Play button for immediate audio.   Again there is also an optional instant download link for your mp3 player or something: Brian Krause-inspired-Scripture and Sermon UCC Honeoye 3-29-2015--Hosanna.mp3

Again Brian comes over to me as being about celebrating what I take the liberty of referring to sometimes as The Light Within, as a good Philadelphia group of Friends (Quakers) attempted to describe something wordless in words here.  Brian proclaims himself to be a Jungian Christian of the Western religious tradition.  He did not refer me to that Wikipedia link.  He referred me to a book that the congregation reviewed together 20 years or so ago, John Sanford's The Kingdom Within.  Brian was kind enough to give me an extra copy, which I look forward to reading.  You can read about what is apparently a newer version by the same author at goodreads and at Amazon.  I was somewhat familiar with the famous Jungian psychology but only recently learned that Carl Jung was a serious Christian and that a large Western Christian tradition has developed from his great insights.

Enjoy, and become stronger!

Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid.  If you are not doing it you can do it.  Other people are doing it.  We can learn from them, I find.