An old and most worthy friend has asked me to remember big $ and
LOVE CANAL..PLEASE, always!
This is an amazingly full story of Love Canal for those who have not lived it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Canal Clearly the story includes serious failures of government officials as well as "big $." Those failures could have been carelessness, denial, and/or big money. There seems to be no question but that Hooker followed existing regulations as it was poisoning the then empty Love Canal area of Niagara Falls, New York. Then the government "forgot," let people move in, and built schools. I will add my request also: Please read and remember the Love Canal story, because it is a model--not a good model entirely, but a model. That story is unique, but there are many similar stories to which those lessons apply, stories from then and now.
During those years I was in Buffalo, 20 miles from Niagara Falls. My friend was in Niagara Falls fighting for his community. This is another personal story.
love,
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid. If you are not doing it you can do it. Other people are doing it. We can learn from them, I find.
This is an amazingly full story of Love Canal for those who have not lived it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Canal Clearly the story includes serious failures of government officials as well as "big $." Those failures could have been carelessness, denial, and/or big money. There seems to be no question but that Hooker followed existing regulations as it was poisoning the then empty Love Canal area of Niagara Falls, New York. Then the government "forgot," let people move in, and built schools. I will add my request also: Please read and remember the Love Canal story, because it is a model--not a good model entirely, but a model. That story is unique, but there are many similar stories to which those lessons apply, stories from then and now.
During those years I was in Buffalo, 20 miles from Niagara Falls. My friend was in Niagara Falls fighting for his community. This is another personal story.
love,
Larry
--
Brother Larry/Attorney Scott archives (Larry at Blogspot) "undisclosed recipients" email message archive, no logging in, no public comments
One way or another, raise yourself up I say; do not be afraid. If you are not doing it you can do it. Other people are doing it. We can learn from them, I find.